BDL 2020 Week 10 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2020 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2020 Week 10

Match: Oklahoma City EF5s @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Away Owner: @EaglesPeteC

Home Owner: @WFLukic

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

OKLAHOMA CITY

QB Patrick Mahomes

RB Mark Ingram

WR1 Allen Robinson

WR2 Brandin Cooks

TE1 Austin Hooper

TE2 Dalton Schultz

LT David Bakhtiari

LG Brian O’Neill

C Rodney Hudson

RG Kevin Zeitler

RT Morgan Moses

RB2 Latavius Murray

RB3 James White

TE3 Trey Burton

WR3 Randall Cobb

WR4 Larry Fitzgerald

OW Greg Ward

OL6 Jesse Davis

OL7 Mason Cole

LE Will Gholston

DT Stephon Tuitt

DT Akiem Hicks

RE Derek Barnett

LB Anthony Hitchens

LB Jarrad Davis - OUT

CB Tre’Davious White

CB Byron Jones

CB Michael Davis

FS Adrian Amos

SS Jordan Poyer

DE3 Kerry Hyder

DE4 Rasheem Green

DT3 Sheldon Richardson

DT4 Shamar Stephen

DL David Onyemata

LB3 TJ Edwards

CB4 Josh Jackson

S3 Jordan Fuller

WILLIAMSPORT

Offense

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB1: Derrick Henry
X: Michael Gallup
Z: Jalen Reagor
Slot: David Moore
TE: Dallas Goedert
LT: Dion Dawkins
LG: Cesar Ruiz
C J.C. Tretter
RG: Mike Glowinski
RT: DJ Humphries

Bench

QB: Taysom Hill
RB2: Ronald Jones
RB3: Frank Gore
RB4: Duke Johnson
WR4: Jalen Guyton
WR5: Olamide Zaccheus
WR: Allen Lazard - Gameplan Specific Role
TE2: Robert Tonyan

Defense

LDE: Leonard Williams
NT: Javon Hargrave
RDE: Cam Heyward
LOLB: Brian Burns
LILB: Robert Spillaine
RILB: Kwon Alexander 
ROLB: Shaquille Barrett
CB1: Darius Slay
CB2: Carlton Davis
FS: Quandre Diggs
SS: Adrian Phillips

Bench

NT: Tyson Alualu
OLB: Kyler Fackrell
LB: Jordyn Brooks
ILB: Jerome Baker
NCB: Trayvon Mullen
CB4: Cam Sutton
CB5: Troy Hill
S: Jeremy Chinn

OKLAHOMA CITY

Offense (25/75 run/pass)

-          By far the easiest part of this defense to attack is the second level, with underwhelming safety and linebacker play in coverage. The tight ends and running backs will be the focus in the passing game this week, particularly on seam and crossing routes for the tight ends and wheel routes for the backs.

-          Latavius Murray is picking up a handful of carries between the tackles, but we really want to focus on getting the ball to our backs on screens, tosses, etc. to the outside to wear down their linebackers and force the defensive line to play sideline to sideline. Additionally, we will move Cooks, Cobb, and/or Ward into the backfield to get an additional pass-catcher in the backfield who can beat the linebacker or safety tasked with covering them.

-          We’re also going to throw some 4 WR/1 TE empty backfield sets out there for some quick hitter pass plays targeting the CB3/4 on the Williamsport defense. None of the linebackers have the experience and athleticism to handle Hooper either, so we expect to target him on these plays too. We’re trusting Mahomes to make plays with his legs if the quick shots aren’t there.

Defense

-          It speaks volumes about Williamsport’s lack of confidence in their offense that they feel the need to play games announcing Taysom Hill as their starting quarterback on a Friday night. We are preparing for a traditional pocket passer in Ben Roethlisberger to get the nod. However, we’ve spent a bit of time preparing for Hill to play as a runner or potentially a receiver on a trick play, especially since Ben is likely to be rusty after taking a couple days off in COVID quarantine.

-          Amos is our deep safety in a base Cover-1 defense, shading over to Michael Davis’ side of the field. We will be bringing Jordan Poyer up into the box on early downs to cover the tight end and blitz. White and Michael Davis play sides in coverage with Jones in the slot. Jarrad Davis and Hitchens have the job of slowing down Derrick Henry. On passing downs, Hitchens comes off the field in favor of Jordan Fuller (Josh Jackson if Fuller is still out this week).

-          The defensive line is focusing on run defense on early downs, which is why we’re coming out with a heavy base group. Onyemata and Richardson are going to get a lot of run at the defensive end spots in addition to defensive tackle to keep Henry from wearing us down. With mediocre talent at both guard spots, we don’t see Williamsport getting a lot of push up the middle, stringing Henry out towards the sidelines instead of going north-south like he wants to.

WILLIAMSPORT

Gameplan

Offense

As usual, everything starts with the run for us and we are fully expecting OKC to stack the box to try to shut down Henry. We have several RBs active this week and plan to use them all. Our primary runners will be Henry and Jones, we will use Frank Gore in some short yardage (low pressure) situations to spell Henry and keep him fresh, we will use Jones both on inside and edge runs to keep Henry fresh. When Henry is on the field we will run him almost exclusively up the gut and an occasional Offtackle power rush. Duke Johnson will get a few rushes just to keep the defense guessing but he will be a part of our attack to neutralize run blitzes and stacked boxes via screen passes. We won't be afraid to use Henry on some screens and angle throws either. As per the norm with us we are going to attempt to dominate T.O.P. and wear down the opposing DL.

In the passing game we are going to keep Gallup at the X, Reagor at the Z and Moore at the Slot, HOWEVER if Allen Lazard is active he will move into the Z and Reagor will move to the alot (Moore will shift all the other receivers down 1 spot). We intend to use a heavy mix of routes. We feel Lazard, Gallup, Reagor, and Moore are all capable of going deep and will get some opportunities to do so.

However, Gallup and Whomever the Z ultimately is will be tasked to run Corner and Post routes, Intermediate Out Routes, and some intermediate comeback routes.

The slot receiver is going to be our Slant, quick in/out, and WR Screen guy.  Goedert is going to also be tasked with intermediate work, he will act as Ben's safety valve for quick mid-depth throws in pass rush situations. 

We will also use the run to set up play action and Derrick Henry will be a part of a singular Flea Flicker intended for Lazard (or Reagor) or Gallup deep.

I'm also going to insert five plays with Taysom Hill. RPOs, designed for quick slant throws, screens, allowing him to run wirh the football out of the QB Position. 

Defense

Patricia Mahomes comes to town. We are going to run a bit more zone to keep eyes toward Patty. If Chinn is active he will provide the spy when on the field, Alexander, if Healthy when Chinn is not on the field, Brooks will be the spy otherwise. 

Their only real threats in the passing game at TE are Hooper and Schultz, sure they got Burton but he isn't a very good receiver, he is much more of a blocker. 

They don't really have a WR we feel we need to double, having said that I do plan to keep Quandre Diggs somewhat deep.in this game to protect the back end of the defense.  They do have a lot of WRs in general in Allen Robinson, Golden Tate, Brandin Cooks, Randall Cobb, Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Ward, & ESB. They're not gonna be able to consistently keep all these guys on the field at the same time so my (spot/# coverage assignments will override my player specific ones to cover any potential d/c change i couldn't have planned ahead for).

As I said we are gonna run more zone, keeping the safeties back to protect from the deep ball, however, If Slay is matched up with Robinson and Davis with Cooks (if that's the way OKC sets up their roster/gameplan for this week) we will run Man coverage against them and zone in the intermidate space with our slot and/or dime CB. As well as with Kwon Alexander (if healthy and Brooks if not).

We have LBs that CAN cover, despite not necessarily being their best trait, so we will rely on them with Murray and on screens and/or short routes across the middle, we will let the intermediate inside CBs pick up the TE if they get behind the LB, and allow the Safeties to come up only if there is not a receiver threatening to get behind them. 

We absolutely believe we can get pressure with Haymaker, Grave Digger, and Big Cat. Having said that Tyson Alualu will come on the field on 3rd downs in place of Williams, Hargrave will slide to LDE. We will occasionally send one of the OLBs and/or Kwon Alexander from the inside and we arengoung to throw in some DL stunts and cross blitzes with the LBs. We want to keep the offensive line guessing and we like our chances against OKCs, acceptable but not stellar interior OL. 

Coverage Assignments:

Darius Slay (X) > Allen Robinson

Carlton Davis (Z) > Brandin Cooks

Trayvon Mullen > #3

Cameron Sutton > #4 Receiver / (Cobb/Tate- the lower d/c of the 2)

Troy Hill > #5 WR / (Fitz) / TE

Trayvon Mullen > TE (will slide to NCB if Chinn is out, when in dime)

Jeremy Chinn > RB / QB Spy

*There will be one major factor that overrides all of these assignments. While these might be the ideal assignments, my CBs will not shadow any singular WR should that WR move around on offense, our CBs will play their area/side of the field, whether we plan to run zone or not, we aren't going to follow guys in motion,.we will simply visually adjust who is covering who based on presnap sets and resets based on motion. This should make us less predictable in regards to zone vs. Man coverage.

Now when it comes to their running game, they don't really have any one guy that we feel is a major threat but James White & Latavius Murray can be a threat as receivers out of the backfield and they're capable of picking up yards on the ground if not respected. Mark Ingram, if healthy and Murray are the most likely candidates outside of Mahomes and/or a WR being used out of the backfield in the running game.  Our LBs will be mostly tapped for the RBs, our guys at LB are more than capable of shutting down any of the 3 RBs that could run. In terms of a WR, the LBs will pursue the CB to the side of the field the WR might be running will pick up said WR if he gets by the LBs. 

We are absolutely expecting OKC to spread us out to create lighter looks and if that's the route they could to take Chinn will come on in dime, Alexander and Spillaine will stay on at LB 

I will rotate Jerome Baker and Jordyn Brooks in throughout the game to keep Alexander & Spillaine fresh. (Brooks for Alexander, Baker for Spillaine). 

** If Brian Burns misses the game Sunday, Jordyn Brooks will start at OLB in his place. 

** If Shaq Barrett misses the game Sunday either Jordyn Brooks (if Burns plays) or Kyler Fackrell will start at OLB in his place.

** If Carlton Davis misses the game Sunday Trayvon Mullen (if active) will start in his place (Troy Hill if Mullen is inactive)

** If Trayvon Mullen misses the game Sunday Cam Sutton will move to NCB

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Williamsport lied about starting Hill, that's pretty egregious to me IMO and sets them back substantially before everything gets factored in.

Why would I start Taysom Hill? Even Blue knew I was not being truthful.  I like to have fun and post Ian Rappaport level news from time to time.

Anyone who bothered to check the injury list between Friday and Sunday Morning knew that Ben was gonna play on Sunday afternoon.

55 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I have absolutely no idea who mullen is covering as he is apparently covering the number three wr and the TE 

#3 OR TE. Not and. I put in order of priority. In the event there is 3 WRs and a TE in routes my LBs would pick up the TE or we would bring on Sutton, It depends on the formation/personnel on the field. 

Edited by wwhickok

On 11/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, RuskieTitan said:

That's not very fair.

One time, xmad announced mid week that he had personal stuff going on, and wouldn't be submitting a game plan for the week. He and I were playing, he wished me good luck and I did the same on whatever he had going on. 

Then, on Sunday, he turned in a completely normal game plan, and I just had an abridged version because my opponent had forfeit. Good sportsmanship all around!

Also, @Blue who is Michael Davis and why is he getting extra attention over the top?