BDL 2020 Week 10 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2020 at 05:00 AM

On 11/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, Ragnarok said:

As usual, everything starts with the run for us and we are fully expecting OKC to stack the box to try to shut down Henry. We have several RBs active this week and plan to use them all. Our primary runners will be Henry and Jones, we will use Frank Gore in some short yardage (low pressure) situations to spell Henry and keep him fresh, we will use Jones both on inside and edge runs to keep Henry fresh. When Henry is on the field we will run him almost exclusively up the gut and an occasional Offtackle power rush. Duke Johnson will get a few rushes just to keep the defense guessing but he will be a part of our attack to neutralize run blitzes and stacked boxes via screen passes. We won't be afraid to use Henry on some screens and angle throws either. As per the norm with us we are going to attempt to dominate T.O.P. and wear down the opposing DL.

Good luck running it up the gut with this trio

On 11/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ragnarok said:

DT Stephon Tuitt

DT Akiem Hicks

DT3 Sheldon Richardson

I think that the F5s win this game, and to be honest, I'm not sure that it's close. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He has already ran it up the gut on 2/3 of those dudes. Just saying. 

vs. the Bears he had 21 rushes for 68 yards at 3.2 YPC and 0 TD

vs. the Steelers he had 20 rushes for 75 yards at 3.8 YPC and a TD

vs. the Browns TBD

If you want to call those successful numbers then I respectfully disagree. Those are extremely subpar.

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

vs. the Bears he had 21 rushes for 68 yards at 3.2 YPC and 0 TD

vs. the Steelers he had 20 rushes for 75 yards at 3.8 YPC and a TD

vs. the Browns TBD

If you want to call those successful numbers then I respectfully disagree. Those are extremely subpar.

Chicago's Defense features Kalil Mack & Roquan Smith two the better defensive LBs in the league. Let's be honest, thats where Henry's limits came from

Pittsburgh's Dline is Elite, OKCs isnt.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

Fair, but Chicago's OL also sucks, Mine doesn't. 

What does Chicago's OL have to do with anything?

Just now, wwhickok said:

Pittsburgh's Dline is Elite, OKCs isnt.

I'd put the OKC interior DL up against anyone else in this league. Given the gameplan was to "run it up the gut", that's into the teeth of our defense. If you wanted to run more heavy TE sets and/or edge blocks with a slot WR where we are weak on the perimeter in run support, then that would have given you a decisive edge. That gameplan lacked opposition scouting on the interior DL advantage that OKC has.

Throw in White locking down the outside by himself and the S advantage that OKC has and gameplan provided by leaving White on an island and freeing up the safeties in support opposite, I think OKC has the advantage here.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What does Chicago's OL have to do with anything?

I'd put the OKC interior DL up against anyone else in this league. Given the gameplan was to "run it up the gut", that's into the teeth of our defense. If you wanted to run more heavy TE sets and/or edge blocks with a slot WR where we are weak on the perimeter in run support, then that would have given you a decisive edge. That gameplan lacked opposition scouting on the interior DL advantage that OKC has.

Throw in White locking down the outside by himself and the S advantage that OKC has and gameplan provided by leaving White on an island and freeing up the safeties in support opposite, I think OKC has the advantage here.

I disagree, and OKC isn't accidentally in 3rd place in the division. But hey, welcome to the division 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I disagree, and OKC isn't accidentally in 3rd place in the division. But hey, welcome to the division 

Me: Posts facts, stats, and schematic examples of why your gameplan has major holes, fallacies, and is overly simplistic and problematic

You: But Chicago's OL, But Henry rushed all over two of them already (he didn't, as I proved), But those DL are elite and yours isn't even though you pointed out those 3 interior DT are elite.

Also You: Trash Talk

LOL

On 11/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ragnarok said:

WILLIAMSPORT

Offense

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB1: Derrick Henry
X: Michael Gallup
Z: Jalen Reagor
Slot: David Moore
TE: Dallas Goedert
LT: Dion Dawkins
LG: Cesar Ruiz
C J.C. Tretter
RG: Mike Glowinski
RT: DJ Humphries

Bench

QB: Taysom Hill
RB2: Ronald Jones
RB3: Frank Gore
RB4: Duke Johnson
WR4: Jalen Guyton
WR5: Olamide Zaccheus
WR: Allen Lazard - Gameplan Specific Role
TE2: Robert Tonyan

Defense

LDE: Leonard Williams
NT: Javon Hargrave
RDE: Cam Heyward
LOLB: Brian Burns
LILB: Robert Spillaine
RILB: Kwon Alexander 
ROLB: Shaquille Barrett
CB1: Darius Slay
CB2: Carlton Davis
FS: Quandre Diggs
SS: Adrian Phillips

Bench

NT: Tyson Alualu
OLB: Kyler Fackrell
LB: Jordyn Brooks
ILB: Jerome Baker
NCB: Trayvon Mullen
CB4: Cam Sutton
CB5: Troy Hill
S: Jeremy Chinn

THIS is a 7-1 roster? A pretty good QB, great RB, above average OL, AWFUL WR corps, and average defense?

Just now, MWil23 said:

Me: Posts facts, stats, and schematic examples of why your gameplan has major holes, fallacies, and is overly simplistic and problematic

You: But Chicago's OL, But Henry rushed all over two of them already (he didn't, as I proved), But those DL are elite and yours isn't even though you pointed out those 3 interior DT are elite.

Also You: Trash Talk

LOL

I was kidding about the Chicago OL think. Obviously that's completely irrelevant.

First of all, even if your DL slows Henry down, your offense doesn't any anywhere near enough fire power, even with Mahomes to keep up. You've got next to no running game at all. Your WRs and TEs are definitely not doing enough on a consistent basis to make up that difference. Your defense is gonna spend 75% of the game on the field, they're gonna get tired and eventually, Hicks, Tuitt, and Richardson are gonna be on the sidelines sucking oxygen.

And your right, you got decent Safeties,