BDL 2020 Week 10 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2020 at 05:00 AM

Just now, wwhickok said:

I was kidding about the Chicago OL think. Obviously that's completely irrelevant.

awkward the office GIF

Just now, wwhickok said:

First of all, even if your DL slows Henry down, your offense doesn't any anywhere near enough fire power, even with Mahomes to keep up.

Good WR corps, the best player in the NFL, let alone the best quarterback, and a gameplan built around avoiding your front 7 and attacking your super weak secondary. Sure...whatever you say.

Just now, wwhickok said:

You've got next to no running game at all.

Neither did the 2010 Green Bay Packers when the won the Super Bowl. They ran it 13 times for 50 yards and still put up 31 points en route to a win. Besides, we have enough capable RB's to exploit you out of the backfield and keep your OLB occupied. If they don't peel with the RB, that's an easy 10 yards via swing, or if you're playing Cover 2, 10 yards on the comeback/out routes on the outside. That's shooting fish in the barrel for Mahommes, the best player in the NFL.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Your WRs and TEs are definitely not doing enough on a consistent basis to make up that difference.

Our WR and TEs are very solid, and your secondary is mediocre at best. They have a clear advantage.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Your defense is gonna spend 75% of the game on the field, they're gonna get tired and eventually, Hicks, Tuitt, and Richardson are gonna be on the sidelines sucking oxygen.

That's the nice thing about a rotation, and given Henry's lackluster performances against 2 of those 3 guys already, it's more likely you struggle to control the clock and move the chains regularly.

Just now, wwhickok said:

And your right, you got decent Safeties, 

Very good safeties with arguably the best CB in the NFL. Our secondary does whatever they want vs. those guys you're trotting out there at WR. 

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Average defense.. haha that's cute. Also, Calvin Ridley most likely returns to my lineup this week, Lazard should also be returning soon. But yeah its a division winning roster. 

Good front 7, but not elite (See: @RuskieTitan for elite Front 7) with a lackluster secondary. It's average to above average at best.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Haha I'm onto your game. Trying to troll your way to votes. 

I'm not trolling at all. I've given facts, statistics, and rationale to justify this, as opposed to "run it up the gut vs. a great trio of interior DL" and "The Chicago Bears OL has nothing to do with what I was saying, I was just joking to see if anyone was paying attention".

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

awkward the office GIF

Good WR corps, the best player in the NFL, let alone the best quarterback, and a gameplan built around avoiding your front 7 and attacking your super weak secondary. Sure...whatever you say.

You've got 1.5-2 good WRs, I'll give you that. The rest are average at best

Neither did the 2010 Green Bay Packers when the won the Super Bowl. They ran it 13 times for 50 yards and still put up 31 points en route to a win. Besides, we have enough capable RB's to exploit you out of the backfield and keep your OLB occupied. If they don't peel with the RB, that's an easy 10 yards via swing, or if you're playing Cover 2, 10 yards on the comeback/out routes on the outside. That's shooting fish in the barrel for Mahommes, the best player in the NFL.

Did you seriously just reference a game that occurred 10 years ago? 

But thank you for admitting your team is one dimensional.

Our WR and TEs are very solid, and your secondary is mediocre at best. They have a clear advantage.

Never mind the fact Darius Slay is one of the top CBs in the league, Carlton Davis is playing extremely well, as is Jeremy Chinn, Cam Sutton has had 3 FFs in 3 games and has played well in coverage.. but yeah you're right, none of that fits you're narrative so go on..

That's the nice thing about a rotation, and given Henry's lackluster performances against 2 of those 3 guys already, it's more likely you struggle to control the clock and move the chains regularly.

Very good safeties with arguably the best CB in the NFL. Our secondary does whatever they want vs. those guys you're trotting out there at WR. 

Definitely not, but the disrespect is amusing.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Good front 7, but not elite (See: @RuskieTitan for elite Front 7) with a lackluster secondary. It's average to above average at best.

I'm not trolling at all. I've given facts, statistics, and rationale to justify this, as opposed to "run it up the gut vs. a great trio of interior DL" and "The Chicago Bears OL has nothing to do with what I was saying, I was just joking to see if anyone was paying attention".

You're given opinions,not facts.

There's a pair of gameplans for everyone to read and decide for themselves. This whole lobbying for votes thing you're doing, its a bad look. It got old when other guys were doing it earlier this season too.  If ppl around the league thought OKC was half as good as you do, they'd have a lot more wins.

You've got 1.5-2 good WRs, I'll give you that. The rest are average at best

Allen Robinson is fantastic, Cooks is very solid and provides us with a viable deep threat, and Hooper is also a very solid TE.

Did you seriously just reference a game that occurred 10 years ago? 

I seriously did use evidence and facts to show that when you have the best quarterback in the NFL, a rushing attack is drastically overrated if you have a solid gameplan and use it just enough to keep other  teams off balance.

But thank you for admitting your team is one dimensional.

So is yours, and the fact that you refuse to acknowledge this amuses me. You have a pretty good QB in Ben with awful WR, and in a pass driven league, that won't hold up well.

Never mind the fact Darius Slay is one of the top CBs in the league, Carlton Davis is playing extremely well, as is Jeremy Chinn, Cam Sutton has had 3 FFs in 3 games and has played well in coverage.. but yeah you're right, none of that fits you're narrative so go on..

And White is better than Slay, Davis is solid, Jeremy Chinn you have on your bench and are utilizing him as a spy, thus wasting what he's good at, and since his PFF grade is a 52.3, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for him being good...yeah, none of that fits your narrative. 

Definitely not, but the disrespect is amusing.

I already posted my evidence and proved that I was correct here, whereas you just keep calling me a troll and saying that I'm disrespecting you...and you have yet to disprove anything that I've said.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You're given opinions,not facts.

Let's check and see if that's correct:

53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

vs. the Bears he had 21 rushes for 68 yards at 3.2 YPC and 0 TD

vs. the Steelers he had 20 rushes for 75 yards at 3.8 YPC and a TD

vs. the Browns TBD

If you want to call those successful numbers then I respectfully disagree. Those are extremely subpar.

...and I could keep going with other examples as well.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

There's a pair of gameplans for everyone to read and decide for themselves. This whole lobbying for votes thing you're doing, its a bad look. It got old when other guys were doing it earlier this season too.  If ppl around the league thought OKC was half as good as you do, they'd have a lot more wins.

I don't really care what you think. I've made a case and given examples, and people can vote however they want. They aren't going to hurt my feelings. You calling me a troll, however, isn't a good look. Looks like you probably bullied your way to a couple of wins, because you have a 5-3 roster at best with that passing game.

LOL, you edited your post!!!!

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
50 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Fair, but Chicago's OL also sucks, Mine doesn't. 

What does Chicago's OL have to do with anything?

45 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What does Chicago’s oline have to do with it? Just curious. 

...to this:

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Chicago's Defense features Kalil Mack & Roquan Smith two the better defensive LBs in the league. Let's be honest, thats where Henry's limits came from

Why edit if you were "just joking"?

29 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I was kidding about the Chicago OL think. Obviously that's completely irrelevant.

#1. I edited for 2 reasons.

First, It was a joke. Because I wasn't about to 'touts Chicago's Dline which I think is very average. 

Secondly I lost my train of thought mid sentence when typing it. Which is why I went with the joking comment instead of a more serious one. My edit was me remembering what I was actually going to type in the first place. 

As far as Chinn, he isn't just a spy, he has a role on defense and PFF is a really poor source for judging players.

RL, in-game stats are a part of deciphering a players value but not the larger part. All of our players are in a completely different situation in BDL than they are in IRL. Your gauge for Gallup not being good is that Dallas' QB situation is atrocious.  Never mind the fact he was having success when he had a relevant QB (Dak) throwing him the football. Ben is better than every other QB on Dallas' roster combined. He is better than Carson Wentz. Derrick Henry isn't my only RB and I'm not ONLY running it up the gut in this game and OKC lacks serious LB depth. 

Rojo or Derrick Henry make it to the 2nd level and they're gone. Also idk wtf games you're watching but Austin Hooper has not been very good this season AT ALL. 

White being better than Slay doesn't make my secondary "average at best".

Carlton Davis is better than Mike Davis or Jones whichever one you wanna compare him to.  Mullen isn't a bad CB, he is above average right now imo. 

So again, sure you posted Henry's stats in 2 games, 2 games that you feel fit your narrative. But the rest is your opinion and that's a fact.

26 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So again, sure you posted Henry's stats in 2 games, 2 games that you feel fit your narrative. But the rest is your opinion and that's a fact.

You mean after you said that he ran all over those 2 guys? The same 2 guys on my roster? You're ignoring context here and it's intentional.

Voted on this yesterday but realized I never commented. I think WW has the more complete roster. Blue is smart to go pass heavy with his RB's but WW's game plan shows he respects their receiving ability so it's not like that plan of attack will be a surprise to him in that aspect of the game. I think playing a 3-4, that naturally tends to funnel running plays inside so again, the attempt from OKC to work the edges of the field in the run game aren't necessarily attacking a weakness of his opponent. WW has the ability to affect the game more on the defensive side as well, even though OKC has a better secondary overall, I feel like WW's corners match up really well against the OKC WR's. 

• Like 1

This was easily the toughest matchup for me to vote on this week. Very close and tough matchups at most positions. I think the biggest mismatch, and the one that I think will get OKC the win, is in their secondary against WSR's receiving options. Gallup has been struggling and neither Moore nor Reagor has done much. I don't think WSR will have enough success through the air against a tough secondary to take this one.

This has shootout written all over it. I think both teams will score points but in different manners. Williamsport doesn’t have a big play receiver which is actually helpful in a matchup with such a strong receiving core. The absence of their starting LB makes a difference against Henry and his running ability with some TE targets from Big Ben lead to a 27-24 victory.

• Like 1