5 up and 5 down vs the Texans

Kiwibrown

The two things that really irritated me:

1. DPJs muff. I KNEW the way he returned would bite him in the butt one day. The only positive is that I think one day he will cause an opponents gunners to pause and freak out, then DPJ gets a huge return.

2. Landry’s spike for a penalty. I’m glad coaches pulled him after that.

Edited by candyman93

Myles is not the problem. 

His inconsistency is the fact that an entire offensive line is built around stopping him, because there aren't really any other dudes on our DL that the offense cares to focus on. 

Let's get him some help and let him wreak even more havoc. 

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Myles is not the problem. 

His inconsistency is the fact that an entire offensive line is built around stopping him, because there aren't really any other dudes on our DL that the offense cares to focus on. 

Let's get him some help and let him wreak even more havoc. 

It's hilarious to me that some people on FF think TJ Watt is better than Garrett. Don't get me wrong, Watt is a stud, but he's not on Garrett's level. If you double or even triple team Myles, no one else in our front seven will consistently make you pay. If you double or triple team Watt, the rest of Pittsburgh's front seven will definitely make you pay. It's pretty sad that Pittsburgh's worst player in their front seven is still arguably better than our second best player in our front seven. Just imagine how good MG would be if we had a front seven even half as good as Pittsburgh's.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Noticing a trend? There are some games where he has constant pressure and other when he doesnt.

He had 3 great plays and a good run stuff.

ive been one of the biggest Garrett critics on here this season. I thought he played great in this game. 

I much rather him make a big impact early in the game cause that will force the OC to change the scheme up. IT seemed like the texans played with more protection than other opposing teams have. It seemed like they constantly had an H-Back in the back field for protection purposes

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The two things that really irritated me:

1. DPJs muff. I KNEW the way he returned would bite him in the butt one day. The only positive is that I think one day he will cause an opponents gunners to pause and freak out, then DPJ gets a huge return.

2. Landry’s spike for a penalty. I’m glad coaches pulled him after that.

Landry spike just so dumb, I feel like he's done that before.

39 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Was that stupid or just unlucky, it was a yard short

I thought it was just a failure to execute, I figured he was aware it had to go that far, but panicking, picking up the ball, probably not having ideal grip on it, and just missing getting enough distance on it. 

43 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Is it weird to anyone else that Myles is always on the sideline with like 4 minutes left in the game and our defense needs a stop?

I understand resting him, but that seems like the worst time to be resting him

I don't think it's resting him in those situations. I think it is either he needs a breather or he needs to recover from something. It wouldn't make sense.