Jump to content
Kiwibrown

5 up and 5 down vs the Texans

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I guess I will do 1 down

 

our fan base

Everybody out here snowflaking. 

I'm not saying the is bad, still calling dpoy, just inconsistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Baker's not on your down list?

... Who are you and what have you done with bruce?

He is included in "Down 4." with his stupid (not getting the ball past the LOS) intentional grounding penalty.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two things that really irritated me:

 

1. DPJs muff. I KNEW the way he returned would bite him in the butt one day. The only positive is that I think one day he will cause an opponents gunners to pause and freak out, then DPJ gets a huge return.

2. Landry’s spike for a penalty. I’m glad coaches pulled him after that.

 

Edited by candyman93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Everybody out here snowflaking. 

I'm not saying the is bad, still calling dpoy, just inconsistent.

FWIW he had several TFL on run plays also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myles is not the problem. 

His inconsistency is the fact that an entire offensive line is built around stopping him, because there aren't really any other dudes on our DL that the offense cares to focus on. 

Let's get him some help and let him wreak even more havoc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Myles is not the problem. 

His inconsistency is the fact that an entire offensive line is built around stopping him, because there aren't really any other dudes on our DL that the offense cares to focus on. 

Let's get him some help and let him wreak even more havoc. 

It's hilarious to me that some people on FF think TJ Watt is better than Garrett. Don't get me wrong, Watt is a stud, but he's not on Garrett's level. If you double or even triple team Myles, no one else in our front seven will consistently make you pay. If you double or triple team Watt, the rest of Pittsburgh's front seven will definitely make you pay. It's pretty sad that Pittsburgh's worst player in their front seven is still arguably better than our second best player in our front seven. Just imagine how good MG would be if we had a front seven even half as good as Pittsburgh's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Noticing a trend? There are some games where he has constant pressure and other when he doesnt.

He had 3 great plays and a good run stuff.

ive been one of the biggest Garrett critics on here this season. I thought he played great in this game. 

I much rather him make a big impact early in the game cause that will force the OC to change the scheme up. IT seemed like the texans played with more protection than other opposing teams have. It seemed like they constantly had an H-Back in the back field for protection purposes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bruceb said:

He is included in "Down 4." with his stupid (not getting the ball past the LOS) intentional grounding penalty.😉

Was that stupid or just unlucky, it was a yard short

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Was that stupid or just unlucky, it was a yard short

Stupid.

Situational awareness is everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The two things that really irritated me:

 

1. DPJs muff. I KNEW the way he returned would bite him in the butt one day. The only positive is that I think one day he will cause an opponents gunners to pause and freak out, then DPJ gets a huge return.

2. Landry’s spike for a penalty. I’m glad coaches pulled him after that.

 

Landry spike just so dumb, I feel like he's done that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Was that stupid or just unlucky, it was a yard short

I thought it was just a failure to execute, I figured he was aware it had to go that far, but panicking, picking up the ball, probably not having ideal grip on it, and just missing getting enough distance on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Landry spike just so dumb, I feel like he's done that before.

Think it was OBJ that did something similarly stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it weird to anyone else that Myles is always on the sideline with like 4 minutes left in the game and our defense needs a stop?

 

I understand resting him, but that seems like the worst time to be resting him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Is it weird to anyone else that Myles is always on the sideline with like 4 minutes left in the game and our defense needs a stop?

 

I understand resting him, but that seems like the worst time to be resting him

I don't think it's resting him in those situations. I think it is either he needs a breather or he needs to recover from something. It wouldn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...