The Good, the Bad the DOMINANT WIN vs. the Donkeys (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

Good:

• A convincing win for once
  • Josh freaking Jacobs
  • Our D came to play! 4 picks and a fumble recovery
  • Booker is a legit RB2
  • PG drew an aggressive D
  • Carr got the D to jump a couple times
  • Lock not dancing cringely as always

Bad:

• Injuries to our O-line is getting out of control
  • Not getting Ruggs involved AGAIN
  • No fans in that beautiful stadium
  • Abram is so hot and cold. Makes a good play then a boneheaded penalty
  • Leaving 15 points off the board

Ugly:

• Our tackling is atrocious
  • Those drops. 1 TD to Agholor, 1 to Waller and a bomb to Ruggs
  • Mark Davis
Edited by RaidersAreOne

This was easiest game of our second half schedule and we needed to win by double digits to prove to everyone we are true Playoff Contenders. We did that, and I'm very proud of this team.

No complaints really, excellent game all around. Carr managed well, Jacobs/Booker were great, receivers got separation,. defense played well all around, DL/LBs/CB's/Heath. All around very good defensive game.

The only thing I can possibly nitpick is we had some protection issues and Abram gets lost sometimes.

Overall, great win.

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I just don't get why we can't get Ruggs going?

A bit concerning.. I think the Atlanta game will be the true test for Carr/Ruggs tandem and get him going. Atlanta's Secondary is one of the worst in the league, and it's in a dome. KC should be prepared for Ruggs this time.

Nice to get a comfortable win, as I can’t remember the last time that happened. We’re really moving the ball on the ground with this makeshift OL, and hopefully at least one of the missing three will be back next week to run it down KC’s throat.

No doubt we are a better team right now than Denver, and I’m pleased with the overall performance, but there were still a few concerns. Some of our tackling was atrocious, we had a couple of key drops, and it just felt like a generally ticky-tacky, scrappy game with all the penalties. But last week I said l’d love to just win a game that didn’t go right down to the wire, so mission accomplished.

I really didn’t expect the Broncos to be that bad all round, but I guess when you’ve got a QB looking lost and confused out there it makes a big difference. Back to the drawing board yet again for Elway, it seems...

As an aside, nice to improve the points differential, which has been poor up until now.

Booker definitely proving he's a legit #2 RB. I'll eat crow on that, as I was down to bring in Bell. Nice pickup. Loved seeing the Sacramento kid stick it to his old team.

Waller needs to be better. Drops have been a problem. Outside of scoring more TDs, he has regressed a bit this year. Still a upper tier TE but not as good as last year. Averaging less than 10 ypc. Got to get him going. 

Defense was lights out all around. Best game they played all year. But I know better than to get excited. They will play good one week then like dog crap for 3 straight weeks.  The only consistent thing about our defense has been Kwit, and that Abram will play with reckless abandon and nearly cause a fight with the other team lol. 

Watching the Titan game and seeing how a bad special teams unit can lose you a game makes me appreciate ours more. Carlson, Cole and Renfrow all were great today.