The Good, the Bad the DOMINANT WIN vs. the Donkeys (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Booker definitely proving he's a legit #2 RB. I'll eat crow on that, as I was down to bring in Bell. Nice pickup. Loved seeing the Sacramento kid stick it to his old team.

Waller needs to be better. Drops have been a problem. Outside of scoring more TDs, he has regressed a bit this year. Still a upper tier TE but not as good as last year. Averaging less than 10 ypc. Got to get him going. 

Defense was lights out all around. Best game they played all year. But I know better than to get excited. They will play good one week then like dog crap for 3 straight weeks.  The only consistent thing about our defense has been Kwit, and that Abram will play with reckless abandon and nearly cause a fight with the other team lol. 

Watching the Titan game and seeing how a bad special teams unit can lose you a game makes me appreciate ours more. Carlson, Cole and Renfrow all were great today. 

Feels like Waller is running shorter routes. Once close to the end zone it should be auto try to flex him out and isolate 

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr is really coming into his own in this system. He doesn't really take bad sacks nearly as much. He looks for small lanes to run and tries to improvise every week. And the accuracy/catchability of his throws is consistently there.

Need to see some more bombs away from Gruden next week.

His #s the last 3 weeks have been game manager type stats, but watching him play tells a different story. 

He's Upped his game this year. In the past, if Carr were playing with a makeshift offensive line like the one he's been playing with this year it would be a recipe for disaster. But I guess that's the benefit of year 3 in the system. Looks comfortable and in command no matter whos out there.

I'll take this version of Carr who uses his legs when needed, improvises here and there and takes a shot or two downfield per game over the high completion %, ultra safe conservative QB he was for years.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

We got spoiled with the turnovers today. 

Handled business against a bad team

Now onto KC. Win next Sunday night and you make this division really interesting 

We win next Sunday and we have a clear shot to the playoffs.  We beat KC, and 3 out of the Chargers, Broncos, Jets, and Falcons and we should be in one of the top 2 wild card spots for sure.  It would really help to beat either the Colts or Dolphins though.  Those two teams are our biggest threats for wild card spots.

Really happy with Carrs play as of late. Stats haven’t been there due to the poor weather in Cleveland game and then today he had a few drops on big pass plays that would’ve drastically changed his stat line. 

He is taking what the defense gives him while using his legs and moving in the pocket as good as I’ve seen him in his career. We start hitting some of the deeper shots and this offense will hum. 

• Like 3

Quick question for some of the OL savvy posters.  Did Parker look like he is deserving of an extension to back up Miller?  I think he looked good against an above average D-line but I trust the opinion of a few other posters here more when it comes to the O-line.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He’s now saying he loves Gruden and we’re a great team and the Vegas move is working out so well, etc etc.

The guy just says things, I don’t think he even really tracks what he says week to week. It’s just noise, like a 6-year-old reacting to everything he sees.