The Good, the Bad the DOMINANT WIN vs. the Donkeys (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's the turning point for me. Lock was visibly in pain and rattled. Dude wanted nothing to do with yesterday's game.

After he was seen singing and dancing around on the sideline last year, I'm so glad he got rocked.  I'm sure Gruden reminded the defense of Lock singing on the sideline just to pump them up.

19 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

His #s the last 3 weeks have been game manager type stats, but watching him play tells a different story. 

He's Upped his game this year. In the past, if Carr were playing with a makeshift offensive line like the one he's been playing with this year it would be a recipe for disaster. But I guess that's the benefit of year 3 in the system. Looks comfortable and in command no matter whos out there.

I'll take this version of Carr who uses his legs when needed, improvises here and there and takes a shot or two downfield per game over the high completion %, ultra safe conservative QB he was for years.

He's definitely upped his game this game. I'm happy he's finally using some legs and pocket savy more to get yards and throwing the ball deep more. It opens up the entire field more for the everything

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Forgot to also add that Carr looks much more aware in the pocket, less skittish and more comfortable extending plays. He seems more confident using his legs and less prone to take those frustrating, needless sacks. I think it’s taken him from a decent but limited QB to a very good, game winner QB this year. Credit to Gruden and Olsen there too.

Since his injuries he has looked like a boxer in the ring for the first time.  As soon as he feels pressure he would duck his head and look down at peoples feet.  The first few games he kept doing this and it was very frustrating because he had room to run.  Now he is keeping his head up and when he feels pressure he leaves the pocket aware of what is happening down field.  He then can decide to throw it away, let the play develop, or take off depending on what the defense gives him.  He already has more rush yards this year than every other year except 2015.  This may be from his O-line looking like swiss cheese but hopefully this gets him over the fear and starts to do it when everyone is healthy.  Imagine his line giving him 5 seconds in the pocket and then take off running.  Defenses will be worn out by the 3rd with our time of possession advantage.

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

The Defense creating 5 turnovers was the most encouraging part.

We finally had a convincing WIN vs a team we are supposed to beat. I believe that was the largest margin of victory under Gruden

I only question how much of our good play was from bad QB play and how much was us forcing bad QB play.  Morrow and Irving seemed to help out a lot.  We will get to see if they can chase down Mahomes this week.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I only question how much of our good play was from bad QB play and how much was us forcing bad QB play.  Morrow and Irving seemed to help out a lot.  We will get to see if they can chase down Mahomes this week.

Football is a small sample size sport. We can only play who is in front of us. Our defense has been swiss cheese for many games so anything like this is very encouraging

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Good:

Arden Key - his hit on Lock shook him. He played scared the rest of the way. It reminded me of some early Derek Carr games

This. key brought a much needed shot of energy to the dline. Also Irving. His emotional impact to the dline is similar to abrams impact on the dbs 

10 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The Defense creating 5 turnovers was the most encouraging part.

We finally had a convincing WIN vs a team we are supposed to beat. I believe that was the largest margin of victory under Gruden

We see this quite often with this team, nothing on D game after game then all of a sudden we go crazy on a poor team and raise expectations. Is this a genuine improvement in play/scheme that will be long term or just the usual flash in the pan is my concern?

Greetings all.

Above is the thread I use for the my All-22 observations on our most recent game. Naturally, this has been rather painful this year but also rather joyful for opposition fans ...

It's centred around our team mostly, but there are plenty of observations on the opposition team and a load of small clips too. Feel free to drop by and have a nosy.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Greetings all.

Above is the thread I use for the my All-22 observations on our most recent game. Naturally, this has been rather painful this year but also rather joyful for opposition fans ...

It's centred around our team mostly, but there are plenty of observations on the opposition team and a load of small clips too. Feel free to drop by and have a nosy.

That's really thoughtful, many thanks for providing the link and I'll most certainly drop by for a look!   

Cheers 🍻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Greetings all.

I know you’ve only done one quarter so far but excellent work.

20 hours ago, Jerry said:

After he was seen singing and dancing around on the sideline last year, I'm so glad he got rocked.  I'm sure Gruden reminded the defense of Lock singing on the sideline just to pump them up.

Now we going to get rocked for driving around Arrowhead after beating KC.