The Good, the Bad the DOMINANT WIN vs. the Donkeys (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

On 11/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I just don't get why we can't get Ruggs going?

Even Waller isn't involved as he was earlier in the year. I think it's just because we run the ball so much. I mean we're getting near 40 carries every week. Carr is lucky to get near 200 yards passing when we play like we did the last two games. 

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dude is a psycho.

thats how you take pass catchers out the play. He gets a lot of hate around here, but he sets the tone and adds a ton of physicality to the defense. I personally love Abram, he needs to settle down a bit but i love what he brings to the team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

thats how you take pass catchers out the play. He gets a lot of hate around here, but he sets the tone and adds a ton of physicality to the defense. I personally love Abram, he needs to settle down a bit but i love what he brings to the team. 

No doubt his physicality and even constant trash talking must get to the opposition. He's just so ruthless and constant. The play where Patrick and Johnson got tossed was because Abram pushed Patrick. 

I like Abram a lot too but he needs to improve his tackling substantially (instead of just trying to kill guys and not wrap up) as well as more aware. That penalty on Renfrow's PR TD was inexcusable and totally unnecessary. That play vs. playoff teams could cost us a game easily.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Would love to see someone next to him who can come up and hit like Joseph.  Harris and Heath tend to get the worst of it when they try to make a big hit.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

His #s the last 3 weeks have been game manager type stats, but watching him play tells a different story. 

He's Upped his game this year. In the past, if Carr were playing with a makeshift offensive line like the one he's been playing with this year it would be a recipe for disaster. But I guess that's the benefit of year 3 in the system. Looks comfortable and in command no matter whos out there.

I'll take this version of Carr who uses his legs when needed, improvises here and there and takes a shot or two downfield per game over the high completion %, ultra safe conservative QB he was for years.

Those stats would be a lot better too if his guys didn't let him down with all the drops.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Agree on Abram love his physicality, he’s making mistakes no doubt but he’s definitely someone who the receivers are going to be looking for. 

49 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agree on Abram love his physicality, he’s making mistakes no doubt but he’s definitely someone who the receivers are going to be looking for. 

Agreed. For essentially playing a half of season worth of NFL games I'll deal with some of the mistakes he's making, in hopes he'll clean those up with experience, if it means we get the benefit of his passion, fearlessness, physicality, and tone setting violence. You can coach up the missed assignments or technical issues. You can't coach a guy to play like Abram. He does make mistakes but IMO he looks like a future pro bowl, possible all pro with the way he flies around the field. He is the guy receivers are thinking about before extending for a catch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Now we going to get rocked for driving around Arrowhead after beating KC.

Naw... old Raiders, sure. This team has a feel about them. They punch back. If KC need bulletin board material that soft to get up for this game, they are scare.

That said, I think it's going to be a tough game. KC is going to want to make a statement. But Gruden has this team believing and I won't count them out. 

This is why Mayock drafted guys up and down Alabama and Clemson's rosters. They are up for these games. They know how to play on the big stage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:
5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Now we going to get rocked for driving around Arrowhead after beating KC.

We'll see.  We aren't the Jets.  We don't go down without swinging uppercuts.

They got 40 points stuck on them at home and the thing they take issue with is a team bus doing a lap of their stadium?!?!?!?

Pathetic. If you don't like it then don't get the crap beaten out of you at home 😁

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No doubt his physicality and even constant trash talking must get to the opposition. He's just so ruthless and constant. The play where Patrick and Johnson got tossed was because Abram pushed Patrick. 

I like Abram a lot too but he needs to improve his tackling substantially (instead of just trying to kill guys and not wrap up) as well as more aware. That penalty on Renfrow's PR TD was inexcusable and totally unnecessary. That play vs. playoff teams could cost us a game easily.

He has the physical skillset to be a pro bowl strong safety. But he plays too reckless at times. He needs to calm down and know when to bring the heat.

He will affect the qb if we send him on blitzes and we need to keep doing that.