SNF BAL @ NE

Sad People

Just now, TXsteeler said:

I saw that one (in Pittsburgh around 2008ish where the punt just sank into the field) but it was not raining nearly as hard as the end of this game. The field was just trash after being resurfaced and then hosting or 2 or 3 high school games that week and the constant rain all week.

Unless you mean a different game?

Nope we are talking about the same game. I do think you're right I think tonight's rain was more intense 

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

happy for Cam.

New England is becoming a kind of a nice underdog story

Jesus. I'd love for nothing else but to refute this but I can't. I've spent years tired of seeing them win and now that I have my shot I'm actually finding myself rooting for them. What kind of magical **** is this?

2020 truly is the strangest year of all time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Ravens fans, what the biggest problem with the offense this year?

There's not one problem. There are several. Lamar has definitely been worse than last year, but a lot of times, he's also the reason we score any points or have any successful drives. The offensive line has been hit REALLY bad and needs to be at the very top of the list of problems. Yanda retired and they didn't bring in a passable replacement. The guy that won the spot has been out most of the season. They lost arguably the best LT in the league and the second most important player on the offense, which caused a shuffle throughout with Orlando Brown moved to LT. It's a combination of bad luck and poor planning on the O-line. Skura should not be/have been starting at center (he's also coming back from major injury) and his terrible snaps are literally killing drives. Then there is the fact that we don't have a #1 WR. We just saw what happens when he try to treat Hollywood like he is one. We need to get a true X. Then I would mention Greg Roman, who does not have creativity in his passing routes, but honestly I wouldn't lead with that as one of the biggest problems like others tend to do. Mark Andrews is good receiving TE, but he does have spurts of games where he has multiple drops. JK Dobbins is our most talented back, but we also don't really want to run him into the ground if we planning to make the playoffs.

There are also normal game to game variations in play. Sometimes aspects play better or worse than usual. Also, I don't think this team was prepared in this weather, so wouldn't read too much into this game unless they play in another hellstorm in the playoffs.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3

2 minute Patriots analysis:

If they win the 3 division games, beat the Chargers and the Texans then they get to 9 wins.

An upset of Arizona or the Rams would be nice but not expected.

They could catch Miami and Cleveland but Baltimore has too many easy games left.

They would also need one other team to fall down a bit, maybe the Raiders or Colts.

It does not look good to get into the top 7 but its not impossible. (they are in 10th right now)

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

If they win the 3 division games, beat the Chargers and the Texans then they get to 9 wins.

They could catch Miami and Cleveland but Baltimore has too many easy games left.

They would also need one other team to fall down a bit, maybe the Raiders or Colts.

It does not look good to get into the top 7 but its not impossible.

They are getting healthier and with the emergence of Meyers/Harris, it's looking like a late season surge

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

It does not look good to get into the top 7 but its not impossible.

They have one more against the Bills who might also lose to the Steelers and possibly the Chargers or Dolphins. They could end up ahead on the division record.

Just now, SkippyX said:

So the other bad news is if they do get the 7th seed they will likely face the 2nd seed in KC.

Not worried about KC much... just making the playoffs is an achievement with the way this season has played out, but BB has always done a great job on Mahomes. They'd likely have come out on top if Cam didn't get covid earlier in the year. 

NOW I AINT SAYIN THEYLL BEAT KC, but if the Pats make it to KC, it'd be a winnable game, in my opinion

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

That's kind of weird. Most meaningful outcome of this game is the injury to the Ravens TE#2.

Nah, most meaningful outcome of this game is Patriots staying alive in the playoff hunt. Not sure how it's weird with the offseason/season the Patriots have had.