SNF BAL @ NE

Sad People

Just now, scottishpatriot said:

They have one more against the Bills who might also lose to the Steelers and possibly the Chargers or Dolphins. They could end up ahead on the division record.

Even if the Bills fall flat they would also have to catch Miami.

Miami's next 3 are Broncos, Jets, Bengals.

Looking at the afc playoff picture:

Raiders will get in. They’re a good team.

I imagine the Ravens will get in.

It comes down to New England vs Miami / Cleveland. The problem here is that Miami and Cleveland play some terrible teams. Cleveland has to face the Jets, Giants, Jaguars, and Eagles. Dolphins face the Broncos, Jets, and Bengals.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

There's not one problem. There are several. Lamar has definitely been worse than last year, but he's also the reason we score any points or have any successful drives. The offensive line has been hit REALLY bad and needs to be near the very top of the list of problems. Yanda retired and they didn't bring in a strong replacement. The guy that won the spot has been out most of the season. They lost arguably the best LT in the league and the second most important player on the offense, which caused a shuffle throughout with Orlando Brown moved to LT. It's a combination of bad luck and poor planning on the O-line. Skura should not have been starting (he's also coming back from major injury) and his snaps are literally killing drives. Then there is the fact that we don't have a #1 WR. We just saw what happens when he try to treat Hollywood like he is one. We need to get a true X. Then I would mention Greg Roman, who does not have creativity in his passing routes, but honestly I wouldn't lead with that like others tend to do. Mark Andrews is good receivng TE, but he does have spurts of games where he has multiple drops. JK Dobbins is our most talented back, but we also don't really want to run him into the ground if we planning to make the playoffs.

There are also normal game to game variations in play. Sometimes aspects play better or worse than usual. Also, I don't think this team was prepared in this weather, so wouldn't read too much into this game unless they play in another hellstorm in the playoffs.

Good insight. For as much flack as Lamar has taken this year it seems to me that his mobility is covering up more mistakes that are being shown on paper and this puts it into better perspective. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Good insight. For as much flack as Lamar has taken this year it seems to me that his mobility is covering up more mistakes that are being shown on paper and this puts it into better perspective. 

Lamar has been dragging the Ravens offense kicking and screaming all season. He just seems to be a huge lightning rod for the haters. 

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It comes down to New England vs Miami / Cleveland. The problem here is that Miami and Cleveland play some terrible teams. Cleveland has to face the Jets, Giants, Jaguars, and Eagles. Dolphins face the Broncos, Jets, and Bengals.

Imagine as a Patriots fan needing 14-1 Pittsburgh to give a crap about knocking out Cleveland for you.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The Pats will have to be the best version of themselves to get into the playoffs. It's doable but they've given themselves very little margin for error. Have to go 6-1 or better the rest of the way, and hope for some lucky bounces in other games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Lamar has been dragging the Ravens offense kicking and screaming all season. He just seems to be a huge lightning rod for the haters. 

FWIW, there is always going to be haters for players who are at the top or near it. Especially for QBs.  Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers, Ben, Wilson, Mahomes have ALL endured the same treatment.

Especially on this site. We seem to have a natural tendency to "hate" whichever player is being labeled "the best" by consensus for whatever strange reason. It may be nonsensical at times but we will somehow make it seem believable.