SNF BAL @ NE

Sad People

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Last week he was crying because defenses know what they're doing. Well, tell your OC to stop being so predictable. 

Bruschi was saying all defenses do this. Whether it's true or not, they call out plays they think are happening either to get in the head, or because it's genuine. Sounded like they genuinly knew what was coming, but Baltimore have been and still should be the type of 'well what you gonna do about it' team. The defenses know what's coming a lot of the time round the league, it's just....can you stop it? I didn't like that from Lamar, I think a lot of QBs could complain about the same thing. 

I still think it's hard to stop him and the running game, perhaps there's a lot more on tape now though.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Bruschi was saying all defenses do this. Whether it's true or not, they call out plays they think are happening either to get in the head, or because it's genuine. Sounded like they genuinly knew what was coming, but Baltimore have been and still should be the type of 'well what you gonna do about it' team. The defenses know what's coming a lot of the time round the league, it's just....can you stop it? I didn't like that from Lamar, I think a lot of QBs could complain about the same thing. 

I still think it's hard to stop him and the running game, perhaps there's a lot more on tape now though.

Lamar's comments were blown out of proportion, and aside from that he wasn't even wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM3uGDuo-3U&feature=youtu.be

32 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I hate Suggs and Harbaugh. Tbh we don’t really play the Giants enough for it to be something we constantly think about. Baltimore and whatever team Manning was on are the only teams I really consider worthy rivals over the past 15 years 

You could make a strong case that Patriots Ravens was one of the biggest rivalries of the previous decade. Definitely in terms of significance. Four playoff meetings, (including wild card game January 2010). Both teams going "through" the other team after trailing at halftime and going on to win the chip. So, I get the significance. But, it also feels like this year's version of both teams is pretty well disconnected from the teams in that rivalry phase.

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Think they genuinely knew the plays tbh.

This has been a consistent issue with Roman. Seems to fall off as a playcaller after a year or two and teams catch up to him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

49ers and Bills fans warned us about Roman that this would happen, too. 

WE.. WE DIDN'T LISTEN !!! : southpark

I mean, you got a great season last year out of him and looks to have been great for Lamar's early development. Don't think that can be overlooked.

The thing now is to realize that and make a move this off-season. 

Kind of wild Roman hasn't caught on/figured out those issues and worked on them after it's happened time and time again.

17 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I sometimes have a difficult time understanding Lamar because of his dialect, but I never heard it as criticism of Roman, just more of a fact that now defenses has seen what the Ravens do/want to do and call it out.

Not comparing McVays offense to Romans, but they both give the same look and then do something different out of it, which could be an explanation. 

49'er and Bills fans have pointed towards Romans offense declining in production, which will have to be monitored. As of now it really seems to just be a cluster of things going wrong, and I am still tentative to put it all on him as other Ravens fans do.

26 minutes ago, Danand said:

I sometimes have a difficult time understanding Lamar because of his dialect, but I never heard it as criticism of Roman, just more of a fact that now defenses has seen what the Ravens do/want to do and call it out.

Not comparing McVays offense to Romans, but they both give the same look and then do something different out of it, which could be an explanation. 

49'er and Bills fans have pointed towards Romans offense declining in production, which will have to be monitored. As of now it really seems to just be a cluster of things going wrong, and I am still tentative to put it all on him as other Ravens fans do.

I don't think it's worth too much worry at this stage, considering BAL are still the number 1 run team. Might have to bring that 31st in passing up a bit, but it's one game. BB usually does this when he loses to a team/system one year and gets to face it or something similar again. Wouldn't worry yet.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As of right now, no. The entire organization and fans expected a breakout year from him this year, and it just hasn't happened. Dude can't even separate against scrubs like JC Jackson when he's supposed to be our #1 WR.

JC’s been playing like a great corner the since the beginning of last year, though. 11 picks in the last 25 games, has more interceptions than he does 20+ yard completions given up. Still getting slept on, I see.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He’s a JAG. Shouldn’t make more than $3M/year, tbh. Bill will throw him a bone and keep him for that price...

What JC Jackson have you been watching? He's been one of the better corners in the league over the last two years, and has been balling since he made the roster as a UDFA. He's an all pro corner and is likely going to get paid as such.

He's an RFA, so the Pats are in a great spot with him. They either sign him to an extension, or slap a 1st round pick tender on him.

Hell of a find by Belichick; I may be wrong tho- I've been told by the media that Belichick can't evaluate talent.