Titans Playoff Watch (Again...smh) 2020

KingTitan

24 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I know everyone is ticked off

Just remember winning the South is still a big deal and was always one of the goals after a season like last year 

Titans should beat Houston 

Dont expect to go as far this year but who knows 

Titans need to just run over Houston and then we go from there 

Everything is going to be ok. We lost to the Packers. Yes. Winning the division is awesome. Something we haven't done in forever. We should lock it up next week. That Houston team is booty.

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Lost to the Packers in a game that got swung twice at critical times by bad ref calls.  In the snow.  After a dang bombing in Nashville.

I'm OK with it.  We'll be fine.

That matters, but it doesn't.

Nothing we saw, was unique to that game.
Bad kick out of bounds.
Stupid penalty by Evans.
Inability to tackle.
Inability to cover
Inability to blitz
Inability to rush the passer

Only thing unique in that game was Tannehill throwing 2 INts and I'm not gonna blame that on the bombing, refs or snow. 

12 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I know everyone is ticked off

Just remember winning the South is still a big deal and was always one of the goals after a season like last year 

Titans should beat Houston 

Dont expect to go as far this year but who knows 

Titans need to just run over Houston and then we go from there 

Winning division is fine and dandy. It was a goal.
But when we were pretty much a half away from a Super bowl, just winning the division isn't good enough.

If we win the division, there will be no real joy. 
One because it will be over a down Texans team
Two because everyone knows that whatever team we play in the playoffs has a good chance to stomp on us because of a bad defense. 

Well some might celebrate the division, but this will be the worst division title in our history, if you ask me. 
This defense has sucked a lot of the joy from me this season. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But when we were pretty much a half away from a Super bowl, just winning the division isn't good enough.

Two because everyone knows that whatever team we play in the playoffs has a good chance to stomp on us because of a bad defense. 

Well some might celebrate the division, but this will be the worst division title in our history, if you ask me. 

It won’t be a division title we “earn” as much as one we back into 

IT is a concern because we really can not trust anything good to happen when our D is on the field and that does "sucK" the life out of the game and our hopes and dreams. 

Offensively though this team can bring a lot of hope.  The D has been helped in the past by our offense putting pressure on the others team offense so "they" start to panic and make the mistakes.   We had a number of games this season especially the second half on, where the D has actually been rather solid in the second half, even the Cleveland game. Thus yes if O comes out strong then unless we are playing KC I trust our team to keep in the game and our D to start making some adjustments as our O takes the game over. 

To be honest it might be wishful thinking but the GB game changed on one play that had TWO key elements.   One we did not get the normal back side play of containment we usually see on a stopped run up the middle. That normally is not a problem of this D, rarely do we see runners hit the line bounce back then escape out one side.     AND TWO the blatant missed call by the ref who's job was to make that call giving up 30 plus extra yards, eliminating the chance of the D keeping GB to a FG or even no score which might in it self is the iffy part I agree but a FG there keeps it a 1 score game. The TD just seemed reignite GB's defense.   I really feel after scoring back to back TD's rather easily if we had gotten the ball back in a one score game it changes everything as it puts the pressure back on GB and its D, rather then putting the pressure right back on our O.     

AND YES...   the WEATHER was a major factor of that game, it hurt our offense a lot, our offense didn't know what to expect from the conditions and IMO our receivers were very tentative in how they ran routes and GB played a style of D where they didn't seem to care about giving up 4-5 yards to Henry because they didn't worry that he would "break" one long. 

53 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

we started 5-0 and will finish the rest of the season *at best* 6-5. that’s pathetic

51 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The way I look at it. Dude it was so hard going all those years without playoff appearances. This will be are 3rd playoff appearance in 12 years. And after 2008 we had a steady drought of almost 10 years. It really sucked, I just wanted us to make the playoffs. There is a different type of joy to being in the playoffs, even if you may not win it. Of course I want to win the Super Bowl, but things happen, and especially with 2020 being so hard man, I am so happy that I get to watch this team compete, even with the d being as bad as it is. I just love watching the Titans play. And they have a real low chance of doing anything, but that low chance gives me hope. I am happy that we can win the division.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we started 5-0 and will finish the rest of the season *at best* 6-5. that’s pathetic

Funny if we were told we could be 11-5 at the start of the season and no play, we all would have taken that.

But it's about how it looked. How this defense has played. 
Feels like we are 7-9 opposed to 10-6/11-5.

My only thought is this team this year has been much more consistent that last years team..  sure that doesn't mean that this year has had some huge disappoints with major fail's...   the Cincy loss and the Pittsburgh loss being my two. The cincy game was the only game this year I thought were the team came out and just didn't battle. Pittsburgh should have won that game and just failed to win a winnable game.     The games against GB Cleveland Indy happen and while disappointing don't bother me too much. 

What I mean is right now I would be content looking back on my expectations for the year based on injuries and other issues if we beat Houston...   I would see that as a positive and say at that point we would be fav's to face KC again in the championship... though yes it would be a tougher road with our suspect D but doable.   

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

The way I look at it. Dude it was so hard going all those years without playoff appearances. This will be are 3rd playoff appearance in 12 years. And after 2008 we had a steady drought of almost 10 years. It really sucked, I just wanted us to make the playoffs. There is a different type of joy to being in the playoffs, even if you may not win it. Of course I want to win the Super Bowl, but things happen, and especially with 2020 being so hard man, I am so happy that I get to watch this team compete, even with the d being as bad as it is. I just love watching the Titans play. And they have a real low chance of doing anything, but that low chance gives me hope. I am happy that we can win the division.

Yeah I get it. Being in the playoffs is awesome.

But for a team that was 5-0, highest scoring offense in the league the bar gets raised some.

If we were Washington or NFC east team or the Dolphins, just making the playoffs would be such a release!
Last year, just making it was such a great feeling. Same when we had Marcus and beat KC. That was awesome.

But...

Just making it THIS year is a huge disappointment to me. We shouldn't have needed to wait to the last game this year to clinch a playoff spot. We should have clinched at least 2 weeks ago in my opinion, based on our early record.

It will be super cool to win the division, but we not the Colts...lol we not putting up Division champ banners. 

I totally understand feeling that way. I get it. I had different expectations. I honestly deep down thought we had a real chance of regressing, because of the way people catch up to what people do on offense in the nfl, and with Tannehill being the unicorn that he is. I really never thought Tannehill or Henry would run it back this year. And I have seen alot of teams go on runs like we did last year in the playoffs and have dud seasons the next year. I feel some people could say we regressed, but to me we kind of didn't get any better or worse. We will see, still have to finish the season.

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

You say just winning the division isn’t good enough because you want to be in the SB but what move did the Titans make that made you think they were going to the SB?

From the second Free Agency started they did absolutely nothing to address pass rush

They traded Casey and chose not to resign Logan Ryan

They chose to draft a troubled RT who can’t even get dressed on Game Days after resigning Kelly

Pees left and Vrabel chose not to replace him

With all that going against them they still are capable of going back to the AFC Championship if they can win the division 

Unfortunately they are back to a team that needs things to just break right for them as far as the opponent and hoping for injuries 

All day i been reading every where about Titans fans off the bandwagon wanting to cut people wanting to fire people 

They lost to a team that’s probably winning the SB

Its not like they lost to the Jets or Jags

Derrick Henry’s ran over 200 yards the last 2 times he’s played Houston I don’t see any reason why he can’t do it again Sunday 

48 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

You say just winning the division isn’t good enough because you want to be in the SB but what move did the Titans make that made you think they were going to the SB?

From the second Free Agency started they did absolutely nothing to address pass rush

They traded Casey and chose not to resign Logan Ryan

They chose to draft a troubled RT who can’t even get dressed on Game Days after resigning Kelly

Pees left and Vrabel chose not to replace him

With all that going against them they still are capable of going back to the AFC Championship if they can win the division 

Unfortunately they are back to a team that needs things to just break right for them as far as the opponent and hoping for injuries 

All day i been reading every where about Titans fans off the bandwagon wanting to cut people wanting to fire people 

They lost to a team that’s probably winning the SB

Its not like they lost to the Jets or Jags

Derrick Henry’s ran over 200 yards the last 2 times he’s played Houston I don’t see any reason why he can’t do it again Sunday 

I'm not saying we got to win the Super Bowl. I want a meaningful run the in the playoffs. Last season was maybe the best season of being a Titan fan. Took down Brady. Took down Ravens. Just so much fun.
I'm saying I want to match that level of competency and try to improve if possible. 

The moves we made are part of the problem.You can't make those decisions and all them be so wrong and not get negative attention or disdain from the fan base. 

Derrick can run for 400 yards. That's not the issue. The issue is a defense that is likely to give up 600 yards. Not like we just dominated the Texans the first time we played them..lol

I know we have suffered years of being happy to just make the playoffs, but that is no longer my standard. I've moved on. I'm not as crazed about the games like I used to be.. I used to run around the house and be crazy, but this team is no longer worth that amount of emotion. Because of they continually function as a team just ok with getting to the playoffs. 

I do want most the Defensive staff replaced. Why should I not? The defense has been atrocious, heinous, grisly (I looked up some synonyms..lol )

I use to be one of the most optimistic guys on this forum. But this defense is inexcusable. This team SHOULD be better than what they are. So many resources sank into the defense and to get this return is a failure.

Evans--1st
Byard- 3rd ($70 Million)
Jackson-1st
Simmons- 1st
Landry- 2nd
Vacarro- (not our 1st rounder but 1st) $26 Million
Butler-$61 Million
DaQuan Jones- $21 Million

You should be getting more than last in the league in defense with that....
Not one of those guys yesterday made a truly impact play( Positive Evans cost us a TD) yesterday. Yeah Butler had an INT but game was over. 

Someone needs to be fired for that. In a business like NFL football, you can't have this at your disposal and keep your job.