CB DeAndre Baker’s charges being dropped

chiefs82

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I guess the implication is that it was an extortion plot the whole time and that the armed robbery story was fabricated

Yeah, hard to imagine if he wasn't there'd be all this NFL interest popping up.

I'd like to take a flier as long as he's in the clear/the allegations were false. 

12 hours ago, Gmen said:

He got lost in coverage and blew his assignment so many times.  I think the system was a bad fit.  I think he'd do better in a scheme were he got to play more man coverage, and less exotic zone.

If thats the case I'd like the Vikings to kick the tires on him. 

7 hours ago, Beavis said:

If thats the case I'd like the Vikings to kick the tires on him. 

I'm sure there is going to be a bunch of interest around the NFL.  Despite his overall struggles as a rookie, there were a few games where he did a good job that gave us hope.  And beyond that, he was great in college and is still very young.   I actually had hopes that he would turn it around in his second season in a new scheme.  Graham is a Belicheck disciple and I thought they were going to play a lot of man with James Bradberry and Deandre Baker.   I wouldn't mind getting him back on the Giants, but I think that ship has sailed.  They cut him out of team meetings pretty early, so he'll be learning a new playbook here, just like anywhere else.  Might as well get a fresh start on a new team.