Soldier Field Where Speed Goes to Die

WindyCity

3 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

I have never gotten the arrangement between the Chicago park district and the bears.  Why the park district is in charge of the field and not the Chicago bears grounds keepers is stupid. The bears should build a new stadium out in the suburbs.   Get away from that field and the winds along the lake. 

It will never happen, the Bears are in a stadium for cheap and have no costs of running it. They also do not have the money to build their own stadium, they are stuck in Soldier Field for a while.

24 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Hester would have scored more if he played on a better surface.  

Sure. I just don't buy the general notion because I've seen offenses come into Chicago and kick our ***.

Never seems to be an issue for the Packers.

37 minutes ago, G08 said:

Sure. I just don't buy the general notion because I've seen offenses come into Chicago and kick our ***.

Never seems to be an issue for the Packers.

I think the point is if you come to Chicago and  your offense overcomes the elements and the **** field for 1 game that is not the same as having to do it for 8 games.

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

It will never happen, the Bears are in a stadium for cheap and have no costs of running it. They also do not have the money to build their own stadium, they are stuck in Soldier Field for a while.

A post Covid world is also likely going to be a big factor in people being willing to gather en masse  as well at sporting events and/or concerts.

I wouldn't be shocked if no new stadiums get built for at least 10 years as a result..... and  both LA and Vegas for example, are in a terrible position having just built new stadiums right as this whole thing started, and being unable to recoup any of that $$ with ticket/concessions sales.  It's going to take a LONG time for people to really trust going out in large groups, even if there's a "vaccine" (and people trusting said vaccine is another whole can of worms)