5 UP; 5 Down (There's post-Jets positives!)

Mind Character

Didn't win the game, but it was great to see some progress.

Especially:

UP

1. Kasen Williams - Catch or not his jump ball ability is special and he ran physical routes. Can improve but I think he's our WR1.

2. David Njoku - Pass catching ability is starting to shine. Loved how physical he was against Jamal Adams. Really can add a spark. Needs to run routes with more urgency.

3. Duke Johnson - Duke is amazing to watch given his effort and timely elusiveness.

4. Bryce Treggs - Looks like he could be a great slot option when Coleman returns. Out of place on the boundary but he really competes.

5. Myles Garrett - Limited snaps; huge splash sacks in situational rushes. Great start.

6. Bonus: Hogan is going to be a solid backup for our team after we bring in Jimmy G or Kizer improves

Down

1, Our ability to finish

2. Hue's situational awareness (Timeouts; 4th down call)

3. Deshone Kizer's redzone turnovers

I'll give mines

5 Up

1.Our receivers catching passes. Its so much easier to be successful in an offense when your receievers can catch. Treggs in one game added more value than Britt has all season

2.Myles Garrett wow hes only 21 and oozing with talent. Hes the best guy on the roster and might make it to the pro bowl if he keeps this up

3.Running game showed life!!!!! I still dont think Crowell is the long term guy, but its good to see them produce and keep the chains moving

4.Njocku wow does it feel good to have first rounders producing Thats his 3rd TD of the year as he gets more confidence he'll be a beast again only 21

5.Run Defense. I'm in love if we can continue with this we can be good for a longggg time

Bonus-Hogan Coming in and producing. Really made quick decisive decisions it was honestly refreshing

5. Down

1.Red Zone playcalling I need Hue to not get cute and commit to the run. You got a rookie QB he got you all the way down there now its time to punch it in! or at least try

2.Zane it hurts because we cut Parkey for this guy. We really needed that 39 yarder it really made the momentum even worse.

3.Kizer my guy clearly made two really bad decisions 1.The INT and then not going down allowing the clock to run. Though game I'm still a believer but he does have to make his decisions faster I believe it'll come

4.Safeties God we can't cover a TE to save our lives. Derwin James would look really good helping out this defense. We need to either decide Peppers is our free or get a stud FS to allow Peppers to play closer

5.Penalties God we are undiscipled on the offensive line. Just so many young players

Up

1. Myles.  Kid sure knows how to make an entrance.

2. Njoku. This youngin is gonna be something in a couple of years.

3. Duke.  Our best playmaker by a country mile.

4. The running game. Crowell, Duke and the OL all stepped up today.

5. Hogan. He may not be great, but it's painfully obvious he's the best we have right now.

Down

1. Kizer. I can let a lot slide with a young qb, but he's not improving, if anything he's regressing.  The games seems way too fast for him right now.

2. Redzone turnovers.  They are a cardinal sin and we just can't help ourselves.

3. Hue. He's not responsible for his record, but you can tell it's wearing on him.  He needs a coordinator to allow him to just be the HC, which is plenty for one man.  The 4th and goal play was suspect, as was the decision to go for it in the first place. He's quick to burn timeouts.  We need him focusing on the big picture, not the big picture, the offense and grooming Kizer. I still think he's the right man for the job.

4. Zane.  Bad day, plain and simple. 

5. Youth, inexperience and a lack of consisitency.  We can discuss all the other issues, but this is why we are where we are. IMO we need to leave things alone for AT LEAST 3 years and see where we are then.  Just keep adding talent and letting that talent get some experience. I believe it was Paul Brown who said "for every rookie you start, add a loss".  Myles, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Zane. 11-5 starts today.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'll give mines

5 Up

1.Our receivers catching passes. Its so much easier to be successful in an offense when your receievers can catch. Treggs in one game added more value than Britt has all season

2.Myles Garrett wow hes only 21 and oozing with talent. Hes the best guy on the roster and might make it to the pro bowl if he keeps this up

3.Running game showed life!!!!! I still dont think Crowell is the long term guy, but its good to see them produce and keep the chains moving

4.Njocku wow does it feel good to have first rounders producing Thats his 3rd TD of the year as he gets more confidence he'll be a beast again only 21

5.Run Defense. I'm in love if we can continue with this we can be good for a longggg time

Bonus-Hogan Coming in and producing. Really made quick decisive decisions it was honestly refreshing

5. Down

1.Red Zone playcalling I need Hue to not get cute and commit to the run. You got a rookie QB he got you all the way down there now its time to punch it in! or at least try

2.Zane it hurts because we cut Parkey for this guy. We really needed that 39 yarder it really made the momentum even worse.

3.Kizer my guy clearly made two really bad decisions 1.The INT and then not going down allowing the clock to run. Though game I'm still a believer but he does have to make his decisions faster I believe it'll come

4.Safeties God we can't cover a TE to save our lives. Derwin James would look really good helping out this defense. We need to either decide Peppers is our free or get a stud FS to allow Peppers to play closer

5.Penalties God we are undiscipled on the offensive line. Just so many young players

I'm honestly not gonna hate on the safeties at all today. Our defense balled out and essentially gave up 10 points, Im not really counting the turnover in our own red zone. And, on that play, my only question is why do we have our 3rd safety matched up on their tight end? 

UP:

1. Myles

2. Njoku

3. Duke

4. The Run Defense. We're 5 games into the season and I haven't said this since 1994. Literally.

5. Kenny Britt being inactive. It's about time.

*Bonus* McCourty: The dude is quietly having a very solid season. Great pickup in free agency to be honest.

DOWN:

1. Kizer. BRUTAL yesterday.

2. Crow: Continues to underwhelm and wasn't even looking for the pitch (albeit not a great pitch) on the speed option that was fumbled yesterday at the 4.

3. The secondary: Taylor and BBC can't communicate on a wide open fake screen/vertical/wheel that scored on the Jets last TD

4. Gonzalez: 2 missed FG and 1 was an absolute chip shot

5. Turnovers. 5 Red Zone turnovers alone for Kizer, we're the only team in the NFL without scoring a single point off of turnovers, and we literally left 20 points on the field yesterday with missed FG and turnovers inside the 5.

Ups

1 - Garrett!!!! 

2 - The D has improved with Shelton and Garrett coming back... add Collins and it'll keep us in the game. 

3 - Our offense part 1. Hear me out. We drove the ball and dominated the stats. 

4 - Short pass game can be vital to this team. Duke screens were great. 

5 - New practice squad receivers showing a bit of potential. 

Downs

1 - Hue's 4th and goal decision to NOT tie the game. 

2 - Hue's Time Out Management.... 

3 - Our Kicker. 2 missed fieldgoals. Hue might have been questioning him to get it done. 

4 - Our Offense part 2. Redzone mistakes are losing us games. Common occurrence with a young undisciplined team. As the field shrinks the D compresses on them equaling turnovers.

5 - Fans calling Hue's head. Stop... just stop it now.

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived