Drew Brees has multiple rib fractures, collapsed lung

.Buzz

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 AM, scar988 said:

For 2-3 maybe 5 ribs, sure. But this is 11 ribs. Don’t let him play another game in the regular season. 

I read that ribs  would be 6 weeks typically, not to mention 11 of them?  This is risky bringing him back early, makes no sense either considering they are in the playoffs anyways.   Plus if they play KC in the SB, they would keep KC less prepared if they played Hill this time. I just don't understand this at all. This isn't the 1980's either, so what happens if he gets reinsured? Gone for the rest of the 2020 season no matter what?

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

So we are getting the Mahomes/Brees game. Because this was the last chance. 

Yes, the oh-so-exciting matchup between old man Brees fresh off lung collapse, and what might be the GOAT in ten years.

Nah, I hope it’s a good game, but I’m not getting my hopes up, especially after what I saw at Philadelphia last week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes, the oh-so-exciting matchup between old man Brees fresh off lung collapse, and what might be the GOAT in ten years.

Nah, I hope it’s a good game, but I’m not getting my hopes up, especially after what I saw at Philadelphia last week.

Yes, but still better to have Brees in the saddle than Taysom Hill. At least I think so. 

51 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yes, but still better to have Brees in the saddle than Taysom Hill. At least I think so. 

No argument there, although I don't want to rush Brees back if he's not 100%.  If we're gonna lose in the playoffs again I'd rather lose with a healthy Brees.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

No argument there, although I don't want to rush Brees back if he's not 100%.  If we're gonna lose in the playoffs again I'd rather lose with a healthy Brees.

so  what if he takes a hit , could the ribs break and then another 4-6 weeks out ? Thats what I don't understand. Plus, will he be able to throw well with this? Seems risky, and with not much to gain at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

so  what if he takes a hit , could the ribs break and then another 4-6 weeks out ? Thats what I don't understand. Plus, will he be able to throw well with this? Seems risky, and with not much to gain at all. 

They could still gain a first round BYE, which there is only one now per conference. They're still tied with the Packers for the top seed. 

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

They could still gain a first round BYE, which there is only one now per conference. They're still tied with the Packers for the top seed. 

is it worth the risk though? If he gets re-injured I doubt he will return as quickly and that would mean he misses a few playoff games.  Maybe they will tell him to make sure the passes get out before 3 seconds no matter what. I won't expect much passing down the field then

All I can figure, they’re still hoping to get the 1 seed, and that the Packers will drop a game.  Seems like wishful thinking to me.  May as well forget the 1 seed, concentrate on winning the division, which 1 more win will clinch, leave Brees out a few more weeks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

is it worth the risk though? If he gets re-injured I doubt he will return as quickly and that would mean he misses a few playoff games.  Maybe they will tell him to make sure the passes get out before 3 seconds no matter what. I won't expect much passing down the field then

Personally I'd want them gunning for a week break for rest, and just making getting to the Super Bowl easier. Brees could get hurt in any game at any time. I would hope that Payton and his staff wouldn't be putting Brees out there if looked like a dead man in practice.