2020 Week #11 GDT Steelers @ Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

20 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I am trying to prepare myself for a Cowboys level game that just makes my blood boil. Jags went toe to toe with the Packers so its not much of a stretch to think this game is going to be a fight.

will they have learned what can happen from the dallas game though? IOW, be ready and go out and play better or possibly lose . Your blood wasn't the only to boil during that, and we all want that to end.  The fact the jags were a difficult opponent for the packers last week might make the Steelers be ready for this game.  I am expecting a close game, but Like the way our secondary has been so in the end they will win it if the rest of the team decides to take the week off

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

will they have learned what can happen from the dallas game though?

I think so, but we will find out Sunday @ 1 pm. It is tough to win them all and get up for them all the same way. I have not heard a peep about the upcoming Ravens rematch in Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving night, so that is encouraging to me. They are focused on a Jaguars team who have historically given them fits (especially when they were not expected to win).  It would be very Jaguar like to end the unbeaten streak with a rookie QB. Again, ordinarily, I could see this happening. This year, not so much.

IOW, be ready and go out and play better or possibly lose . Your blood wasn't the only to boil during that, and we all want that to end.  The fact the jags were a difficult opponent for the packers last week might make the Steelers be ready for this game.

You hate to be cliche', but they look like a pretty darn good 1 win football team. We said that about the Bengals last week who had hung an L on the Titans. Coach Tomlin has not always had great success against Jacksonville, and I think that they are looking to try to change that this week. 

I am expecting a close game, but Like the way our secondary has been so in the end they will win it if the rest of the team decides to take the week off

I don't see anyone taking off. I am looking to see some consistency re-established with this team. Again, when do the Steelers play a complete game for four quarters? We have seen the offense have its ups and downs. The defense looking solid and then dipping somewhat in some phases. Special teams have been a see-saw. It is week ten and time to start bringing some things together. 

"I am trying to prepare myself for a Cowboys level game that just makes my blood boil. Jags went toe to toe with the Packers so its not much of a stretch to think this game is going to be a fight." - - This is actually Neumatic's quote. - - Hitman