Week 11 GDT: Chiefs (8-1) @ Raiders(6-3)

Jerry

Thought I'd kick it off with a recent article I saw on ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30331135/las-vegas-raiders-buses-victory-lap-irritated-kansas-city-chiefs-andy-reid

Really looking forward to this game.  It isn't make or break, but with 5 other teams having 6-3 records (Dolphins, Ravens, Browns, Colts, and Titans), it's important that we stay ahead of the pack.  

If that pissed them off and they need that to get them up for this game instead of actually losing the game then that's funny

I watched that KC game again this morning. The way they played Carr was playing everything short cause that's what they know him to be was the check down and short yards throws. They didn't expect Carr to go deep. When those deep routes were called they didn't expect him to go deep you watch the All 22 you can see the KC players playing the short routes. They will be ready this time and the Raiders better be ready to go TD for TD. KC is off the bye and they always come out well prepared and ready to go. 

PG gotta hold off those blitzes this week. Play two deep and sit back in coverage. Maybe see more Joyner at safety this game to basically use Abram as the small LB and then you can send him without putting the back end of your defense at risk. KC is going to score you just dont want it to happen with those big quick TDs. If they drive 70 plus yards and have to work for it then so be it.

Fitting how the Raiders play in Vegas now cause they're playing with house money. They got what they wanted already and that was to at least split the two games with KC. If they can win this game it sends a huge message to the rest of the AFC.

Hopefully Miller will be able to go on Sunday and have them play Parker at RT. 

• Like 1

This is gonna be a tough one...

-  KC isn't gonna be surprised by the deep ball this time, and will show respect.

- Andy Reid coming off a bye is the best in the business, and rumor has it he's super upset about that loss. Probably been preparing for this one like a mad man.

- Mahomes is the MVP Front Runner at the moment and playing out of his mind, and already had a good look at our defense.

I'll say Chiefs win this one, but we'll fight and keep it close. Chiefs win 31-27.

Hopefully we can shock the world for a second time and sweep the Chiefs.

I wonder if Andy Reid was also irritated about his players dancing on the field while his team were beating the winless Jets... it would be pretty hypocritical not to be if he’s mad about us celebrating a win after the game.

Tough spot, this one. Chiefs are better than us, won’t let us beat them deep repeatedly again like we did at Arrowhead, and Reid is always good off the bye. They’ll do everything they can not to get swept by us. I think we drop this one, but if we do I hope we keep it close.

• Like 1

we are not going to catch the Chiefs napping this time around. We took it to them last game and i expect them to be at their best. Andy Reid is second to none coming off a bye, so Gruden better have our guys ready. KC is historically good on offense, but we proved we can put up points too. I expect a shoot out and if we can win the turnover battle and keep their offense off the field with a couple long drives i can see us pulling it off. 

34-33 Raiders...

20 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If we win this game we probably will win the AFC west

Too soon.  Just a little too soon.  We still have to beat up the Colts and Dolphins later this season.  Chiefs have whooped on everyone other than the mighty, MIGHTY LAS VEGAS RAIDERS.  So we'll see.  I want nothing but haymakers this game.  Pound the rock and throw deep to keep them honest.  Hopefully Gruden pulls out that secret chapter in his playbook meant for the Chiefs and the Superbowl.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

If that pissed them off and they need that to get them up for this game instead of actually losing the game then that's funny

I watched that KC game again this morning. The way they played Carr was playing everything short cause that's what they know him to be was the check down and short yards throws. They didn't expect Carr to go deep. When those deep routes were called they didn't expect him to go deep you watch the All 22 you can see the KC players playing the short routes. They will be ready this time and the Raiders better be ready to go TD for TD. KC is off the bye and they always come out well prepared and ready to go. 

PG gotta hold off those blitzes this week. Play two deep and sit back in coverage. Maybe see more Joyner at safety this game to basically use Abram as the small LB and then you can send him without putting the back end of your defense at risk. KC is going to score you just dont want it to happen with those big quick TDs. If they drive 70 plus yards and have to work for it then so be it.

Fitting how the Raiders play in Vegas now cause they're playing with house money. They got what they wanted already and that was to at least split the two games with KC. If they can win this game it sends a huge message to the rest of the AFC.

Hopefully Miller will be able to go on Sunday and have them play Parker at RT. 

We are going to need to run more this game. If they respect the deep ball, we need to try to smash them on the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I wonder if Andy Reid was also irritated about his players dancing on the field while his team were beating the winless Jets... it would be pretty hypocritical not to be if he’s mad about us celebrating a win after the game.

Tough spot, this one. Chiefs are better than us, won’t let us beat them deep repeatedly again like we did at Arrowhead, and Reid is always good off the bye. They’ll do everything they can not to get swept by us. I think we drop this one, but if we do I hope we keep it close.

Just saw the video of this.  They were dancing middle of the field like the game had been over for 15 minutes.  Just the most disrespectful video I'd ever seen.  The Jets are apparently done for the season and just collecting pay checks.  If I owned the Jets I would just clean house.  That poor, terrible, crappy team.

45 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Too soon.  Just a little too soon.  We still have to beat up the Colts and Dolphins later this season.  Chiefs have whooped on everyone other than the mighty, MIGHTY LAS VEGAS RAIDERS.  So we'll see.  I want nothing but haymakers this game.  Pound the rock and throw deep to keep them honest.  Hopefully Gruden pulls out that secret chapter in his playbook meant for the Chiefs and the Superbowl.

Agreed, even if we won this game, the Chiefs still have an outside shot of going 13-3.