Week 11 GDT: Chiefs (8-1) @ Raiders(6-3)

Jerry

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Aww poor team!

... We should move the game up, right NFL?

Yep. Flex out that consequential Arizona-Seattle game to Sunday and stick the suddenly hapless Chiefs in that Thursday night slot nobody wants. 

As for the game itself:

I'd go right back to slinging it down field. Jacobs and Booker manhandling the Broncos behind UNLV's practice squad O-line couldn't have come at a better time. The Chiefs KNOW our O-line has been dinged up, now they know we absolutely can patch something together and still move the rock. They're going to have to respect that early, if they don't expect a heavy dose of the run game anyway. See if we can catch them off guard.

On D, they're going to want to score fast, so don't get too fancy on blitzes (lol). Play Dime and Nickel as much as possible and leave Heath on the field. They're not going to want to get into a ball control dependent game against us. We should know that and exploit it.

Wanna win? Keep sending Agholor and Ruggs deep. Heck, send those two deep every single play and run a ton of draws with Jacobs and Booker. Keep them guessing and let them be the ones to get sloppy first.

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. Flex out that consequential Arizona-Seattle game to Sunday and stick the suddenly hapless Chiefs in that Thursday night slot nobody wants. 

As for the game itself:

I'd go right back to slinging it down field. Jacobs and Booker manhandling the Broncos behind UNLV's practice squad O-line couldn't have come at a better time. The Chiefs KNOW our O-line has been dinged up, now they know we absolutely can patch something together and still move the rock. They're going to have to respect that early, if they don't expect a heavy dose of the run game anyway. See if we can catch them off guard.

On D, they're going to want to score fast, so don't get too fancy on blitzes (lol). Play Dime and Nickel as much as possible and leave Heath on the field. They're not going to want to get into a ball control dependent game against us. We should know that and exploit it.

Wanna win? Keep sending Agholor and Ruggs deep. Heck, send those two deep every single play and run a ton of draws with Jacobs and Booker. Keep them guessing and let them be the ones to get sloppy first.

I think the only other thing was too spy Mahomes.. they did that last time with Key and Patrick struggled mightily.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Spying Mahomes was a key thing they did to stop him from leaving the pocket. Mahomes wants to sit in the pocket all good with me. Can't allow him to break the pocket and by time and have those weapons improvise and allow this to become backyard football.

Hopefully our DL can get pressure on him much more quickly.  We did good stopping the pass and keeping him in the pocket, but we still had to keep him there for what seemed like 8-10 seconds each play.  If KC is missing their two starting OTs this game, we have a decent shot at getting another W.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

% of drives ending in a score:

#1 - Chiefs 52.8%

#2 - Raiders 52.7%

(3rd best team is at 49%)

Punters can take the day off. 

For as much as we all dump on Gruden (myself included) for being too conservative, not going for it on certain 4th downs, not utilizing Ruggs enough, etc, etc... we put up points with the best of them.

• Like 2

This a game Gruden goes to Jacobs today at practice and tell him to take a day off or two cause hes getting the word load on Sunday. Jacobs and Booker all day on Sunday. I wanna see them take KC's will on defense. Nothing make you not want to play more than getting ran over.