Week 11 GDT: Chiefs (8-1) @ Raiders(6-3)

Jerry

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as this forum is a rowdy bunch, I appreciate having a forum of people to bounce ideas off and talk raiders football. It must be depressing without that, I can imagine.

Yep because “ social media “ Raider talk is a cesspool of the most outlandish stuff you ever heard. Hot  takes that would make Skip bayless raise eyebrows 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as this forum is a rowdy bunch, I appreciate having a forum of people to bounce ideas off and talk raiders football. It must be depressing without that, I can imagine.

One constant I've noticed outside the Raider forum, there is a lot more activity when the team sucks. People like to argue why they suck and how to fix it. Argue coaching, QBs, etc. When teams are playing well consistently, the discussion tends to drop off.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jerry said:

Went to the KC part of the forum and that was depressing.  12,000 posts total.  Maybe 5-10 fans at most that actually post there.  They have a game day thread with the same guy posting 3x, and RaidersAreOne as the only other poster on the thread.  Dude is literally talking to himself about the upcoming game.  We need to go in there and just smack talk him the entire week.  Couldn't hurt to post highlights of week 5 or something throughout his thread he created.

Winning has kind of killed our (Chiefs) forum. There hasn’t been much to complain about so people aren’t as motivated to post. Several of us post in the nfl gen gameday thread rather than the  Chiefs forum. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I was actually going to share this page on Facebook but I do not currently have access to the website for job related reasons.  There's a Raiders fan page titled something along the lines of "The only Nation, Raider Nation" or something like that with over 100,000 fans.  I wanted to share this forum with that Facebook page to see if we could maybe get more traffic.  I'll try to remember to do it when I gain Facebook access again.

27 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Winning has kind of killed our (Chiefs) forum. There hasn’t been much to complain about so people aren’t as motivated to post. Several of us post in the nfl gen gameday thread rather than the  Chiefs forum. 

That's so weird.  Well hopefully for you guys it picks up.  I like my Raiders forum lol.

4 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Yep because “ social media “ Raider talk is a cesspool of the most outlandish stuff you ever heard. Hot  takes that would make Skip bayless raise eyebrows 

So dang true lol.  We always bash a couple posters here and there for the outlandish (Mariota to start) posts, but the Facebook and IG fans are just ridiculous sometimes.  It cracks me up.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

So dang true lol.  We always bash a couple posters here and there for the outlandish (Mariota to start) posts, but the Facebook and IG fans are just ridiculous sometimes.  It cracks me up.

Most people are really average at best fans with a very limited understanding of football.  The basis for the outlandish posts is a lack of understanding/ education on football.  A lot of people generally believe that nonsense to be true.  When I read stuff like MM will start over Carr at some point this year I just laugh and chalk it up to those people truly being clueless.  

I do love the posts on here and a lot of the information that has been passed around.  This is one on my main sources for Raider information and I love the discussions. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Most people are really average at best fans with a very limited understanding of football.  The basis for the outlandish posts is a lack of understanding/ education on football.  A lot of people generally believe that nonsense to be true.  When I read stuff like MM will start over Carr at some point this year I just laugh and chalk it up to those people truly being clueless.  

I do love the posts on here and a lot of the information that has been passed around.  This is one on my main sources for Raider information and I love the discussions. 

It’s not even the Carr discussion to me it’s ridiculous trades the team should make or the over the top conspiracy theories or who to sign salary cap turned off mode like it’s madden 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Social media in general is a cesspit. If someone like Adam Schefter tweets something, he instantly has hundreds of trolling replies, and it’s like that across the majority of the platform.

I’m so glad for places like this where rational thought still exists.

Where?!? 😂. I do agree though.  This place is better than most. 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Social media in general is a cesspit. If someone like Adam Schefter tweets something, he instantly has hundreds of trolling replies, and it’s like that across the majority of the platform.

I’m so glad for places like this where rational thought still exists.

• Like 1