Week 11 GDT: Chiefs (8-1) @ Raiders(6-3)

Jerry

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

^^^all time favorite. 

Nothing like those rational Derek Carr's a beta-male conversations lol

So glad they have to remain quiet while he's playing well and we are winning.  I know a couple of posters can't wait to bash him the first chance they get.

• Like 1

KC twitter page really put out a hype video about the bus thing. I ain’t never seen a team so soft and a team reach for something so much. 

Hopefully we bully the f!ufc outta them on Sunday. Just run it down their throats 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

KC twitter page really put out a hype video about the bus thing. I ain’t never seen a team so soft and a team reach for something so much. 

Hopefully we bully the f!ufc outta them on Sunday. Just run it down their throats 

They’ve had a terrible week. The reigning Superbowl champions really shouldn’t be acting like a bunch of crybabies after one loss, but here we are.

• Like 1

Doubt if we win it'll be the same way with Carr bombing them. I think this is a Josh Jacobs game. Dude has been rolling the last 3 weeks, I would love to see that continue. 25+ carries for him and 10 for Booker would be ideal.

Can't settle for FGs against them. Gruden can't coach conservative. Gotta be way better in the RZ. Waller needs to break out of his slump and match what Kelce is going to do to our defense. Ruggs had a huge impact on the 1st game by just his presence alone. Would love to see more designed plays and fakes for him. Their defense last time was terrified of him getting the ball and rightfully so.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah some page named Chiefs highlights got really triggered like overly 

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Can't settle for FGs against them. Gruden can't coach conservative. 

This 100%

I know we've had some issues along the O-line, but his schizophrenic relationship with 4th downs is mind boggling. 

The first few weeks (as with last year) our offense looked primed to be a terror. We seem to have largely stopped (last week's run game at the end notwithstanding). Why he randomly decides to play regular season games like they're preseason games is beyond me. 

We win ugly far too often for a team that has shown absolutely dominant performances through the air and on the ground. We've mandhandled the Saints and Chiefs already. Against lesser teams, we should be winning by 2 scores, not 2 or 3 points on overturned TDs. A lot of that falls back on Gruden's choices. 

We (he) needs to learn to play to win, not to not lose. 4th and short inside the 30 with a lead against a good team, go for it. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled, but we've been absolutely money on 4th down conversions this year. When the chance arises to break a team like the Chiefs, you absolutely have to take that shot. Our D isn't going to consistently stop a good O, so when our O is in position to make it a 2+ score game, it seems crazy not to try. If we fail and turn the ball over on downs with a 3-4 point lead, the end result is likely the same as kicking a FG- that is, Mahomes would merely walk down the field and we'd end up down a couple of points or in a tie with the ball back either way. Take the shot to make it a 10-11 point game. Our D isn't good enough to hold small leads, and that's painfully obvious. 

Moral is, you're absolutely right. Conservative coaching and FGs aren't going to cut it. 

On 11/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, big_palooka said:

Its like coming to this forum, only to find that every poster is BayRaider and Humble Beast

I actually had to get iggy with those two again. Even though I enjoy some bits of what they say, there is too much other 'stuff' for me to want to read anymore. Funny thing is I forgot and when HB posted a new topic I was wondering why it was blank and others were commenting on stuff I couldn't see. 🤪 Sucks but I'm just happier and it makes catching up on missed posts much easier. LOL Soooo glad I've never done Twitter. All I hear is bad things about that media.

I've read a lot of fans and analysts say us winning is dependent upon Derek Carr keeping pace with Mahomes and him having over 300 yards passing for us to win.  I think this is the worst thing we could do.  I think we need to stick with our strengths and their weaknesses.  KC is currently ranked 29th against the run.  We are currently on a three game streak of running the ball outstandingly well.  We had over 200 yards on the ground last week.  I think if we want to win, it will be with us playing our offense the way it was meant to be played.  Run, run, and run.  We literally ran every, or almost every single play against Denver last week during our last drive and D. Booker scored.  They knew it was coming and still couldn't stop it.  If we can do that to Denver, we can do it against KC.  

If we win, it's because we controlled the clock and kept KC's offense on the sideline.  We keep their offense cold and their defense tired.  We can easily control the clock as long as we run the ball, and I think that will be the biggest factor in whether or not we win this game.  The only way we should see DC slinging the ball is if we need to get back into the game with some quick scoring like we did in week 5.  Hopefully it doesn't come to that and we are able to score on the ground during our first 2-3 possessions.

The other biggest factor is our defense.  I do not think we need to overthink things.  Do what we did in week five and have 4 rushing the passer/spying and the other 7 playing man coverage.  We blanket their receivers and have a spy (A. Key) keeping Mahomes in the box.  Eventually M. Crosby and DL will get Mahomes.  Hopefully we rock him hard and possibly force a fumble/INT because that would be big.  We don't need to overthink this game.  We all know they don't run the ball well or at all for that matter.  I think we can win.  Just have to go out there and execute.  Hopefully KC's desire to hype themselves up ends up with them shooting themselves in the foot by being too overhyped and not focusing as well as they should. 

If we play the game our way, I think we win.  One more day until gameday!