lack of respect?

3rivers

It’s mentioned in almost every pre and post game I’ve seen. If we are being honest it’s not the most impressive 9-0 ever anyways. There not big stories, just wins. I wouldn’t expect them to gush over it like we were the 07 Patriots going on a war path.

• Like 3

IMO, we are no more impressive than the Chiefs and are close to the Saints and Packers. We have had a bunch of close games and almost lost a couple. If we win 4 more straight games, then at that point we need to be talking about 16-0 and Super Bowl favorites, but let’s see how we do against the bills and the Ravens again.

I think it has to do with how they are winning, lack of primetime games at this point of the season and not having any "sexy" storylines with the team. Ben has the whole comeback thing, but lets be real for reasons, he's not all that liked by the national media and he's not one of the young guns, so people don't get all that excited about him. There like the Tim Duncan Spurs of the NFL right now

Edited by August4th

Im perfectly content with being a 9-0 team flying under the radar.   

If anything is annoying, its these halfwits on NFL Gen claiming we arent good and havent played anyone, and the better teams we faced we barely beat.    Granted, most of the people saying this are well known trolls and Steeler haters, but 1)  we dont control our schedule, 2)  look at other good teams schudules, which havent been much tougher and have lost more games and 3)   we have always played to our competition, up and down.

Most Steeler fans know we havent looked like an elite team, and I see no Steeler fans putting this team on a pedastal, yet haters still gotta hate.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, 43M said:

Im perfectly content with being a 9-0 team flying under the radar.   

If anything is annoying, its these halfwits on NFL Gen claiming we arent good and havent played anyone, and the better teams we faced we barely beat.    Granted, most of the people saying this are well known trolls and Steeler haters, but 1)  we dont control our schedule, 2)  look at other good teams schudules, which havent been much tougher and have lost more games and 3)   we have always played to our competition, up and down.

Most Steeler fans know we havent looked like an elite team, and I see no Steeler fans putting this team on a pedastal, yet haters still gotta hate.

when we observe the teams in the nfl this year, one can say half the league is really lacking the ability to be a competitive team for various reasons, usually poor coaching, talent  and then of course injuries. This team won't get recognition until they are 18-0 and going for 19-0. They have to defeat the Chiefs to get the respect IMO. 

The Steelers haven't done anything except win 9 games so far. This is not the goal of the organization or fans. Talk to me in February 2021. Either we hold the prize or not. Anything less is not up to "the standard."  Let the media keep criticizing the Steelers while they keep winning. It is all about getting in the play-offs and winning it all. That's all that matters. Who cares what fair weather media thinks from week to week?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 1:29 AM, wwhickok said:

The moment we lose a game, no matter who it is to, every fan of every other team and all of the media will be lining up to twll.us how they knew we weren't legit..

If someone says we arent as good as our record...so be it.   We probably aren't.

But its stupid for anyone to call this team overrated considering 90% of people, including Steeler fans, admit this is a flawed team that could easily drop a game to any team.

This team is unquestionably legit.   Its just a matter of what team shows up.

• Like 2

I ignored this early in the week but thought about it while listening to all the NFL pods I do during the week. 

I don’t know man, I think if anything it’s the opposite. I felt a lot of people had so much respect for us that they found us to be boring. Kevin Clark was basically like, yeah, yeah they are good they will be playing the Chiefs in the AFC conference game. 

People with shows need something to talk about. But I wouldn’t say there is a lack of respect coming out of the media in general. 

15 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I ignored this early in the week but thought about it while listening to all the NFL pods I do during the week. 

I don’t know man, I think if anything it’s the opposite. I felt a lot of people had so much respect for us that they found us to be boring. Kevin Clark was basically like, yeah, yeah they are good they will be playing the Chiefs in the AFC conference game. 

My only caution there is the same thing was said about Pittsburgh and New England in 2017 and Jacksonville didn't get the memo.  And last year about the Ravens and the Titans didn't get that memo either. Steelers just need to remain focused and play one game at a time. Teams won't roll over because the media says this is how it should be.  

People with shows need something to talk about. But I wouldn’t say there is a lack of respect coming out of the media in general. 

I see why a lot of fans and people think that the Steelers are being ignored or disrespected. They are not getting the same awe or unbeatable team talk as New England, Denver or New Orleans when they were undefeated past week 9. The new normal seems to write absurd articles and make outlandish statements in the media to get fan reaction and people reading their bull$#!^(stew).🤬😠  Chris SImms does a show that doesn't have Big Ben as a top QB this year. 🤯😁  He has two rookies including the one the Steelers just beat and Ben torched their defense for 300+ yards and 4 TD's. ESPN puts out an article that says that Big Ben will probably be a 2021 cap casualty along with Stephon Tuitt. 🤡😖 Someone else puts up a ten rookies list for 2020 that doesn't include Chase Claypool.  🙄💩 Someone else puts up an all rookie team that doesn't include Claypool, but does mention Highsmith.  I get that Tee Higgins and Justin Jefferson are having good years as well. It would be hard for me to ignore the guy who has more TD's than both combined.🤔 I'm just saying!

I have lost a lot of respect for the media and a lot sportscasters as the integrity piece no longer seems to be important. I get that editorials and opinions are individual, but I don't think that anyone covering a sport should be so blind and uninformed about a sport and team that they cover. What they say doesn't matter. It means nothing, but I hope the Steelers remain laser focused and simply say at the end of the season, "Kiss my SB ring!"👄:x You keep the accolades and awards, just hand us the ultimate prize that we fought for, earned and won the right to be champions as a team! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

My only caution there is the same thing was said about Pittsburgh and New England in 2017 and Jacksonville didn't get the memo.

SH, good one there.  That defence was trash though, and in the playoffs there is something about having a top tier defence;)

9 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Big Ben will probably be a 2021 cap casualty along with Stephon Tuitt. 🤡😖

that's comical considering these2 players are THE main reason the team has been as good as they are. The cap will have casualties, but it can't be them.

We all want the Chiefs game, but so do the others in the AFC. The playoffs will be good this year from what I can see. A few early blowouts with bad teams sneaking in, but the rest should be good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 6:05 PM, 3rivers said:

are we being disrespected by the media in general? 

You bet we are.  

They moved the Thanksgiving game three times because they really wanted us to lose that game.  

Everybody hates us this year.  

They're pissed Ben came back better than ever, too.  

If we end up going to the Super Bowl and winning the game, the NFL media will be covering what kind of sandwich Tom Brady will be eating for dinner.