Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
incognito_man

Mid-season Review. On pace for 14-4.

How many wins?  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. How many wins?

    • 6 or fewer
      4
    • 17 or more
      14


Recommended Posts

The NBA played like 80+% of RS games without COVID problems, you cannot make a straight comparison like that with the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's going to be some sort of cap smothering IMO.  Look at what the NBA did.  The salary cap stayed the same, and they borrowed the cap from future years.

Oh for sure. Idk if it will stay flat. It's definitely not going up. But no I dont think it's hitting that 180ish number some people throw it. if we get higher than a 5th for Corey it's a real W. A 4th is still very nice from a center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who has been good: Aaron Rodgers & Jaire Alexander have been as good at their position as any players in the league.

Who has been bad: Players wise not much to choose from.  Preston Smith is probably the easy choice. 

Who has surprised: Josh Jackson & Billy Turner

Who is the player of our own I irrationally hate the most? Jordan Love for me.  Little to do with the player, more to do with us burning the pick on a major project instead of investing in the team who's in the championship hunt. Frustrated with how little we've gotten from our 2020 draft class when we should have been making another push for a championship.

Who will win postseason awards (Pro Bowl/ All Pro)? Rodgers, Adams, Bakh, Linsley, Z & Jaire

Final Record- 12-4 w/ a first round bye and early playoff exit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm too lazy to format and think up answers to each question individually, but I think we all knew that.  Mostly I just don't really feel like I have a good sense of this team at all.  I like a lot of what they do offensively, but it's also masking Rodgers being unwilling to throw to receivers he doesn't know well again.  As well as he's played, this train will come to a stop real fast if they don't find a way to be effective with the receiving group.  He struggled pretty badly against Minny and Tampa, was underwhelming against Jacksonville, and the 49ers game doesn't count because that was literally a JV NFL squad.  I understand that the Packers have lacked some receiver talent, but again, Rodgers isn't even trying to target anyone else.  The Packers average just over 5 targets a game to the entirety of their receiving corps outside Davante over the last five games.  I just do not think this kind of offensive is sustainable long term, the TE talent just isn't explosive enough to make up the difference and the RB corps is already over-producing to keep this thing going.  They have to find a way, some way, to be able to throw the ball to their lesser talent outside.
 

Defensively, who even knows anymore.  I dislike Pettine's philosophy, I dislike how he uses a lot of his players, but he does generally play his talent so that's something.  If it were me I'd line Z over the center on like 50% of snaps, if they're just going to roll dime every down anyway you might as well put all your rushers in the best spot to mess stuff up.  I honestly don't know.  I wish I had more to say here but it's just sort of a mess.  The talent is there, but it just seems like such a struggle every series just to get off the field.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

I'm too lazy to format and think up answers to each question individually, but I think we all knew that.  Mostly I just don't really feel like I have a good sense of this team at all.  I like a lot of what they do offensively, but it's also masking Rodgers being unwilling to throw to receivers he doesn't know well again.  As well as he's played, this train will come to a stop real fast if they don't find a way to be effective with the receiving group.  He struggled pretty badly against Minny and Tampa, was underwhelming against Jacksonville, and the 49ers game doesn't count because that was literally a JV NFL squad.  I understand that the Packers have lacked some receiver talent, but again, Rodgers isn't even trying to target anyone else.  The Packers average just over 5 targets a game to the entirety of their receiving corps outside Davante over the last five games.  I just do not think this kind of offensive is sustainable long term, the TE talent just isn't explosive enough to make up the difference and the RB corps is already over-producing to keep this thing going.  They have to find a way, some way, to be able to throw the ball to their lesser talent outside.
 

Defensively, who even knows anymore.  I dislike Pettine's philosophy, I dislike how he uses a lot of his players, but he does generally play his talent so that's something.  If it were me I'd line Z over the center on like 50% of snaps, if they're just going to roll dime every down anyway you might as well put all your rushers in the best spot to mess stuff up.  I honestly don't know.  I wish I had more to say here but it's just sort of a mess.  The talent is there, but it just seems like such a struggle every series just to get off the field.

 

This is just my 2 cents, but to say anything about 12 other than praise how spectacular the guy has been this season is crazy talk. He has played 9 games and has had his top 3 WRs together in 1 of them. He's played basically 3 of those games without Adams. He's played over half of them without his No. 2 WR (and there's a debate whether 13 is really a No. 2 WR or not, but let's just assume he is for now). 

He's had Shepherd and Taylor playing significant snaps, two guys who quite clearly are not NFL caliber players. They just aren't. They have no business being on the field. Would you target those guys? Maybe once a game on a roll out or gimmick pass, but if you think Shepherd or Taylor are going to win one on one against just about any CB in the league, you're nuts. Same with EQ right now. He was targeted at two very critical times in the Vikings game and couldn't make the play. You want more targets? Make a play once in while. Whether it's rust or he's just not a good player, right now it doesn't matter for EQ, he's next to worthless having out there other than as a blocking WR. That's 3 of our current 5 WRs on the roster (not including 13 until this week) who literally cannot be counted on to make any type of play. We've been playing NFL games since the second half of Week 2 with literally two viable WR options (MVS and Lazard Weeks 2 and 3), just MVS in Week 4 and then Adams/MVS since. Think about how ridiculous that sounds, lol. Yet, despite this, Rodgers has played at an MVP level. In fact, this nonsense about him being "in the running" for MVP with Mahomes and Wilson is a joke. Rodgers right now is (or should be) the runaway MVP favorite based on his supporting cast and his play. This is after our GM completely shunned him in the off-season and couldn't have done less to try to bolster our offense after a 13-3 season. 

The story hasn't changed. Without 12, this team maybe has 2-3 wins right now. I'm not going to blame him for not throwing balls to 19, 82 or 86 when those guys have no business being on the field in the first place. Hopefully soon we'll get to see him again with 17, 13 and 83 and hopefully those 3 can stay healthy. That's not a bad unit and in the one game Rodgers had them together on the field (Week 1), we never punted. If those guys can stay healthy, we have a chance, even against the best defenses, because we have 12. 

Defensively, I'm with you. It's a week-to-week league for those guys and Pettine. Basically, we need our individual players to just start playing better because I'm not expecting Pettine to get better as a DC. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shunned him other than, you know, making sure his line is nice and deep so he wont be murdered. Sign a vet WR to bolster a young room, draft a guy who would see the fiemd immediately on offense. and ensure that theres talented runners on the roster to take some load off his shoulders.. Shortly after signing him to an extension. But yeah, other than that, basically ran him off.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who has been good: Jon Runyan, Rodgers, Jamaal Williams

Who has been bad: nobody that surprises us

Who has surprised: Krys Barnes, Josh Jackson adding value

Who is the player of our own we irrationally hate the most? Preston Smith

What is our final record? 10-7

Who will win postseason awards? Not anyone from our squad

 

 

I think Preston Smith is getting too much hate because his role has clearly changed. We're seeing more Gary out there rushing and more of Smith dropping back into coverage; Smith's role is clearly on Pettine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Gary good? Ive been reading that he hasnt done anything, but early in the season I read hes turned the corner. After the Jags game, im seeing again hes turned the corner. Is the press just reactive to one game? How has he been on the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

Is Gary good? Ive been reading that he hasnt done anything, but early in the season I read hes turned the corner. After the Jags game, im seeing again hes turned the corner. Is the press just reactive to one game? How has he been on the season?

You're seeing glimpses.  If this was his rookie year, you'd be stoked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

Is Gary good? Ive been reading that he hasnt done anything, but early in the season I read hes turned the corner. After the Jags game, im seeing again hes turned the corner. Is the press just reactive to one game? How has he been on the season?

Better than last season.  He is getting much more consistent pressure when he rushes.  He already has more sacks and QB hits than last season, and is getting close to his tackle numbers too.  He is getting more snaps, so the numbers will follow.  He is certainly not a pro-bowler.  Would you like more from a guy drafted where he was? Probably.  But he isn't a bad player right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

Is Gary good? Ive been reading that he hasnt done anything, but early in the season I read hes turned the corner. After the Jags game, im seeing again hes turned the corner. Is the press just reactive to one game? How has he been on the season?

He would have a significantly higher number of impact plays if the Dline could collapse the pocket.  Right now, Gary is getting good push around the back, but the QB has plenty of room to step up.  Kenny is getting doubled and the other two aren't doing enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SSG said:

Who has been good: Aaron Rodgers & Jaire Alexander have been as good at their position as any players in the league.

Who has been bad: Players wise not much to choose from.  Preston Smith is probably the easy choice. 

Who has surprised: Josh Jackson & Billy Turner

Who is the player of our own I irrationally hate the most? Jordan Love for me.  Little to do with the player, more to do with us burning the pick on a major project instead of investing in the team who's in the championship hunt. Frustrated with how little we've gotten from our 2020 draft class when we should have been making another push for a championship.

Who will win postseason awards (Pro Bowl/ All Pro)? Rodgers, Adams, Bakh, Linsley, Z & Jaire

Final Record- 12-4 w/ a first round bye and early playoff exit

Remember , there is only 1 team with a bye this year, think 12-4 will best in the NFC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2020 at 8:03 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

No-one yet has put Elgton Jenkins in the 'Good'  ?

Now you missed your chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...