Week 11: Cowboys (2-7) at VIKINGS (4-5)

swede700

39 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Well the Vikings fan in me wishes we would have a bad record so we can draft a Qb for the future. I dunno if you guys are ok with consistently playing well enough to be first or second round exits, but I’m tired of it. 

Pssst, bad records don’t get you to the first or second round, period. 

49 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Well the Vikings fan in me wishes we would have a bad record so we can draft a Qb for the future. I dunno if you guys are ok with consistently playing well enough to be first or second round exits, but I’m tired of it. 

It's one thing to wish the team had a few but more losses at the end of the year but to actively root for them to lose week after week...

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Certainly, we 're disappointed with not being in the Super Bowl.  But, being bad enough to draft a young QB doesn't guarantee anything.  And this era of losing in the playoffs is still nothing compared to the Denny Green era or the Kevin Garnett era of the Wolves.  Denny lost the first 4 playoff games he coached and never won more than 1 game in any playoff season.   Zimmer already has 1 more playoff victory than Denny had in the same amount of time.

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

It worked out for the Bears and Redskins, right?

Enjoy the season. Tanking might have been entertaining knowing we had a shot at Lawrence but I think we should root for the team and see where we are in the draft. If a QB starts to fall, then trade up.

We really should be enjoying this though.

29 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

This is the first step towards 7-5, nice little 3-game home stretch here.

Outside of traveling, I don’t think there’s any benefit to having a home game this year without the fans. I’ve more or less seen all of these games as neutral in terms of location. Stadiums are quiet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Outside of traveling, I don’t think there’s any benefit to having a home game this year without the fans. I’ve more or less seen all of these games as neutral in terms of location. Stadiums are quiet.

Do teams have to travel same day in the NFL? I know in MLS, teams travel roundtrip the same day as the game, so that makes home field advantage a pretty big deal.

11 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Do teams have to travel same day in the NFL? I know in MLS, teams travel roundtrip the same day as the game, so that makes home field advantage a pretty big deal.

As far as I understand, they are still traveling the night before, just not leaving as early.  

55 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Absolutely, it is still nice to be at home though.

Well, there will be 250 people at the stadium.  😆  Next year, though I imagine it'll be somewhat back to normal (don't know about preseason though), but I think it's going to tough to get a ticket to any game for the next few years once the floodgates are open again.

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Well, there will be 250 people at the stadium.  😆  Next year, though I imagine it'll be somewhat back to normal (don't know about preseason though), but I think it's going to tough to get a ticket to any game for the next few years once the floodgates are open again.

Don't worry, only 15 days to slow the spread! 

This game should be a matchup of the top 2 draft classes. That'll be cool to watch.