Week 11: Cowboys (2-7) at VIKINGS (4-5)

swede700

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I hope Kubiak can shift to slightly more pass heavy offense...especially on the days when your run game is inefficient af like it was against Bears for the majority of the game. 

definitely, especially since we still have to play the saints (#1 run defense), bucs (#2) and bears (#5). we play those teams all in a row so that will be a very interesting stretch for the offense.

i don't expect the team to abandon the run but they'll definitely have to throw the ball more in those games. 

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I want to make the playoffs and knock the Saints out again.

That's my ultimate goal for this season too!  With Brees out, we just have to hope Jameis Winston can eat enough "W's" to keep them up at the #2 seed.  If we can get the #7 seed, we could get the chance to bounce them out in the first round once again.  Bwahahahahaha!!!
giphy.gif

On another note, I've been waiting for a long time to have a good excuse to post this gif.  Seeing as how we are playing the Cowboys this week, I'd say it is now entirely appropriate!  :D
giphy.gif

Edited by Uncle Buck

14 hours ago, swede700 said:

Certainly, we 're disappointed with not being in the Super Bowl.  But, being bad enough to draft a young QB doesn't guarantee anything.  And this era of losing in the playoffs is still nothing compared to the Denny Green era or the Kevin Garnett era of the Wolves.  Denny lost the first 4 playoff games he coached and never won more than 1 game in any playoff season.   Zimmer already has 1 more playoff victory than Denny had in the same amount of time.

Regardless, we have not played in the Super Bowl since I first started watching football in 98. Matter fact, we haven’t played in a Super Bowl as long as I’ve been alive (31 years). I guess I’m tired of watching this team make the playoffs with the expectation that we will lose to a much better team. With Kirk making bonehead decisions I feel like I see the writing in the wall. I guess I want to transition to a Qb that shows promise with what we have right now. Somebody that can play with a collapsing oline or when the defense locks down the run. If that happens we have a hard time and that’s even with weapons like thielen and jettas on the outside

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's my ultimate goal for this season too!  With Brees out, we just have to hope Jameis Winston can eat enough "W's" to keep them up at the #2 seed.  If we can get the #7 seed, we could get the chance to bounce them out in the first round once again.  Bwahahahahaha!!!
giphy.gif

On another note, I've been waiting for a long time to have a good excuse to post this gif.  Seeing as how we are playing the Cowboys this week, I'd say it is now entirely appropriate!  :D
giphy.gif

She was gorgeous then. Some funny parts in that movie.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Regardless, we have not played in the Super Bowl since I first started watching football in 98. Matter fact, we haven’t played in a Super Bowl as long as I’ve been alive (31 years). I guess I’m tired of watching this team make the playoffs with the expectation that we will lose to a much better team. With Kirk making bonehead decisions I feel like I see the writing in the wall. I guess I want to transition to a Qb that shows promise with what we have right now. Somebody that can play with a collapsing oline or when the defense locks down the run. If that happens we have a hard time and that’s even with weapons like thielen and jettas on the outside

Well, I was 3 or 4 years old the last time the Vikings made the Super Bowl, so I certainly understand.  But, with the history of the VIkings and QBs, I just don't think you can hope for change just for the sake of change.  The QB you're looking for doesn't come around all that often.  There are far too many Jameis Winstons and Mitch Trubiskys compared to the Patrick Mahomes'.  I certainly want to see them get a young QB too, but if you've only been around since '98, you missed the eras of Steve Bono, Steve Dils, Sean Salisbury, Rich Gannon (before he was Rich Gannon),Jim McMahon, Warren Moon and the talented prospects Gino Torretta and Chad May.  This team has forever had QBs with far less talent and made far more boneheaded decisions.  Cousins certainly ain't perfect...and he certainly isn't one that can lift a team on his shoulders by himself...but he ain't Tarvaris, he ain't Ponder, and unlike Daunte, doesn't have small hands and can read a defense.  I'm hoping that they can put themselves in a position, either through luck or a trade, to get a young QB with high-level talent and develop him.  But, I'm certainly not in the camp of wishing them to lose to make it happen.  It's not in me to do that.      

• Like 2

10 years ago, I was lucky enough to see the Cowboys visit the Metrodome.  Took my dad and a couple brothers to the game and it was pure heaven.  The Vikes had a pro-bowl, HOF roster to include Adrian, Favre, Hutch, Jared, The Wall, Adrian, Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Greenway, Birk, . . . what a roster!!!!   The first half was a bit more nail-biting than I thought it would be, but the Vikes took control the 2nd half with Percy's KO return TD to start the half.  

Ahhh, lamenting days gone by . . . for this game, I think the Vikes need to stick with the recipe they used the past three games.  Run the ball, control the clock and get stops on 3rd down for the D.  Simple to say, but the other guys want to execute their game plan too.  I think this team can get it done though -- SKOL!  

• Like 2