Week 11: Miami Dolphins (6-3) @ Denver Broncos (3-6)

TheKillerNacho

dolphins-broncos-logo.png?w=635

Tua gets an interesting challenge this week, as we travel west to take on Denver's stout defense. I feel very confident defensively, though. We should be able to smother the Broncos' passing attack led by Lock. Probably the player I most fear is Phillip Lindsay as quick backs always seem to be a thorn in our side. Hopefully they continue to trot out Melvin Gordon for more of a role.

I feel good about this one, but this does have the potential to be a trap game.

Miami 24

Denver 16

11 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

If our defense and special teams show up, we "should" be okay, we haven't had to rely on Tua to win games for us yet, which I am perfectly happy with. With our offensive weaponry in flux, I am hoping those tests can come a little later.  

I'd say Tua was pretty instrumental to our win versus Arizona, actually.

He definitely was instrumental but it wasn't one of those shoot out performances 258 yards and 2 tds. He did great and did his part but defense and special teams also scored tds. Tua was definitely instrumental and played mistake free but it wasn't that put the team on his back and will them to victory ala Kyler Murray feel.  

If Lock even plays, he will be banged up and coming off a disastrous start last week.  His potential replacement, Brett Rypien, is terrible.  I'm not worried about this one at all from a defensive standpoint.  I'm always leery about the weather conditions in Denver for the offense, though.  We don't have the run game necessary to compete in a snowstorm, if it comes to that.  It's supposed to snow in Denver on Saturday and only be 41 degrees at kickoff.  

Fins - 27

Broncos - 12

Not the first half we wanted to see. Only down by three but:

• On quite a few passes, Tua has looked inaccurate
  • The OL has not given him much time in general
  • Defense has given up some frustrating 3rd and longs to Denver

Tua looked a bit more comfortable in the FG drive near the end of the half, hopefully he can build off this. Defense needs to step up, they've gotten straight up embarrassed by Lock on a few plays.

22 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Not the first half we wanted to see. Only down by three but:

• On quite a few passes, Tua has looked inaccurate
  • The OL has not given him much time in general
  • Defense has given up some frustrating 3rd and longs to Denver

Tua looked a bit more comfortable in the FG drive near the end of the half, hopefully he can build off this. Defense needs to step up, they've gotten straight up embarrassed by Lock on a few plays.

Tua might as well be playing behind 5 field cones the way the protection has collapsed on quite a few of these plays. 

Look like Denver watched the Patriots game film just running all over us.

Just now, JourneymanQB13 said:

Tua might as well be playing behind 5 field cones the way the protection has collapsed on quite a few of these plays. 

Look like Denver watched the Patriots game film just running all over us.

Our inability to stop the run is pretty well known by now. And because our offense hasn't been able to get going,  they don't really need to pass