Week 11: Miami Dolphins (6-3) @ Denver Broncos (3-6)

TheKillerNacho

Some positives...

-We have had a defensive takeaway in every game this year. Van Ginkel punching the ball out on what could have been a backbreaking TD was clutch. 

-Xavien Howard continues to rack up INT's 

-DVP got more involved. I think Tua needs to build chemistry with him and Gesicki if this offense is going to be successful. 

-Haack punted well and Sanders continues to be steady. He's probably the best kicker in the league right now. (Never great tho when your highlights are your punter and kicker). 

-That stop on 4th and short was nice. Despite getting gashed all game, we came up big in that moment.

-Despite playing like absolute garbage we only lost by one score. We were right there in it until the very end. If I am correct, no one has beaten us by more than one score this year. 

9 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Our offensive line was non existent and our defense played terrible. I think tua was being pulled for his protection rather than his play though admittedly we looked better with fitz and he gave us a shot.

Fitz was playing against prevent defense with no blitzes.

Also before the ultimate pick, he had like three passes that should've been intercepted prior.

9 hours ago, FinSting said:

This just in...Broncos have a good pass rush. 

Not to rub it in, but we really don't.

Our 4 man pressure without disguise concepts is one of the worst in the league. We usually have to blitz so often on 3rd down to disrupt a 3rd down passing play, or scheme up a way to pressure with 4 (DE dropping, LB blitzing etc).

That is easily the most disruptive Malik Reed has been for us this year. He has really struggled in a full time starting role with Von being down, but he got so much  joy against your RT yesterday. Has RT been an issue all year for you?

I do an all 22 game review of all of our games with mini clips - feel free to drop in to the Broncos forum over the course of the week to have a look. There is always plenty of commentary re: the opposition.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Not to rub it in, but we really don't.

Our 4 man pressure without disguise concepts is one of the worst in the league. We usually have to blitz so often on 3rd down to disrupt a 3rd down passing play, or scheme up a way to pressure with 4 (DE dropping, LB blitzing etc).

That is easily the most disruptive Malik Reed has been for us this year. He has really struggled in a full time starting role with Von being down, but he got so much  joy against your RT yesterday. Has RT been an issue all year for you?

I do an all 22 game review of all of our games with mini clips - feel free to drop in to the Broncos forum over the course of the week to have a look. There is always plenty of commentary re: the opposition.

Broncos are top 10 NFL in sacks (7th actually), and feasted on Miami's o-line yesterday. Good learning experience for the 3-rook inexperienced line, thanks for the lesson. 

RT is a multi-guy spot, started with the journeyman then eventually slid a big rook from a small college into the limelight. With a lefty QB, being nervous about RT is not a good feeling.