The Vikings could end up with the #1 seed

FrantikRam

It's unlikely but possible, and in honor of the thread about them potentially getting the number 1 pick, I had to do it:

Vikings - win out - they'll be big favorites for their four remaining home games, plus at Detroit. That leaves unlikely wins having to come at Tampa in week 14 and at New Orleans in week 16 - unlikely, but, possible

Packers - lose one division game plus two others - looking at their schedule, this feels unlikelier than the Vikings winning out, but I'll say that they lose to the Colts, Titans and the Lions

NFC West cannibalizes itself and sends two playoff teams in at 10-6, while one misses out at 9-7

Saints win the South at 11-5, Vikings get the tiebreaker

Bucs in as an 11-5 wildcard

The West and South scenarios are fairly realistic; Vikings winning out is pretty unlikely, Packers dropping three is a little more unlikely to me. But it IS possible.

• Like 4

I think it is probably more likely that the Vikings get moved to International Falls, Minnesota or some place close to it, and are forced to build a stadium outdoors so they can have the biggest homefield advantage in football than being the number 1 seed this year. That would be wild though, have a game in some -40F weather and such hahahaha!

• Like 1

8-8 in my opinion. Which is still terrific from their 0-4 start. They can basically ball with anyone right now.

Shame they underperformed to start the year. I actually picked them to win the division at 11-5. First time I haven't picked the Packers to win the division since 2009. Almost never bet against ARod.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

8-8 in my opinion. Which is still terrific from their 0-4 start. They can basically ball with anyone right now.

Shame they underperformed to start the year. I actually picked them to win the division at 11-5. First time I haven't picked the Packers to win the division since 2009. Almost never bet against ARod.

They had a couple of rough games to start against Atlanta and Indy. But they very well could have beaten Seattle or Tennessee, they lost by a point each game. There’s so much youth in the defense that a slow start was inevitable. Especially with a limited offseason. The biggest turnaround has been keeping the ball out of Cousins’s hands as he’s been a turnover machine.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

They had a couple of rough games to start against Atlanta and Indy. But they very well could have beaten Seattle or Tennessee, they lost by a point each game. There’s so much youth in the defense that a slow start was inevitable. Especially with a limited offseason. The biggest turnaround has been keeping the ball out of Cousins’s hands as he’s been a turnover machine.

The key to the Vikings success was always going to go through Dalvin Cook and whether he can stay healthy. They're a tough football team and quite frankly, are VERY capable of being exactly what the Packers kryptonite has been under an MLF lead offense and Pettine lead defense. A tough, physical, defensively sound, ground and pound team.

As the OP of the "Vikings could end up with the #1 pick" thread, I have to say that I'm actually over the loss of potentially getting Trevor Lawrence.  It was a nice dream while it lasted, but as others warned me from the start, it was unlikely to ever happen.  After beating the Bears last night, I should probably come clean and admit that the thought did flash through my mind to change the title of that thread to "The Vikings could win the Super Bowl!"  Fortunately, I was able to resist that blatant act of homerism.  xD

Unfortunately, the chances of doing what the OP proposed would probably be pretty tough.  Stranger things have happened, I guess, but winning that many games in a row is very difficult to do, even when you are dealing with a very dominant team.  They usually stumble once or twice along the way.  With the 2020 Vikings, this is still a very young, inexperienced team, and although our current 3-game winning streak has been a nice surprise, I'm really just trying to be realistic about this season.  With that in mind, I'd actually be pretty happy if we just found a way to make it into the playoffs as a 7th seed.  That would be a pretty good comeback for a young team like ours after a 1-5 start. 

After that, we can work on putting together a package of picks that will pry Trevor Lawrence out of the firm grasp of the New York Jets.  :D

Edited by Uncle Buck

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

As the OP of the "Vikings could end up with the #1 pick" thread, I have to say that I'm actually over the loss of potentially getting Trevor Lawrence.  It was a nice dream while it lasted, but as others warned me from the start, it was unlikely to ever happen.  After beating the Bears last night, I should probably come clean and admit that the thought did flash through my mind to change the title of that thread to "The Vikings could win the Super Bowl!"  Fortunately, I was able to resist that blatant act of homerism.  xD

Unfortunately, the chances of doing what the OP proposed would probably be pretty tough.  Stranger things have happened, I guess, but winning that many games in a row is very difficult to do, even when you are dealing with a very dominant team.  They usually stumble once or twice along the way.  With the 2020 Vikings, this is still a very young, inexperienced team, and although our current 3-game winning streak has been a nice surprise, I'm really just trying to be realistic about this season.  With that in mind, I'd actually be pretty happy if we just found a way to make it into the playoffs as a 7th seed.  That would be a pretty good comeback for a young team like ours after a 1-5 start. 

After that, we can work on putting together a package of picks that will pry Trevor Lawrence out of the firm grasp of the New York Jets.  :D

God it'd take at least 3 1sts minimum if im NY As great as Trevor is it could become Herschel Trade 2.0 if something happens bust, injury etc. (I know your bring mostly sarcastic but just saying)

Edited by Beavis
Forgot to Bold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beavis said:

God it'd take at least 3 1sts minimum if im NY As great as Trevor is it could become Herschel Trade 2.0 if something happens bust, injury etc. (I know your bring mostly sarcastic but just saying)

You can't worry about busts, injuries, etc.  All you can do if you find a player you think is your guy is pay the price and see how it turns out.  Having said that, I think it's safe to say that the Vikings would never put up the price it would take to get the Jets to give him up.  They should, but they won't.