GDT: Titans at Ravens

titans0021

Saying not being happy with this team playing like dog crap the past few games minus against the Bears means you don't know football? That is an arrogant statement. People are entitled to feel how they want to feel. If you want to look at this team with rose coloured glasses all the power to you.

I have been a fan of this team for over 20 years and I am sick and tired of there not being a winning expectation. 9-7 last several years is fine but why can't we be better and we should expect better.

This team has been average to mediocre too damn long. I want to see this team take it to the next level. Last season and playoffs it looked like we finally got there.

Yes we are 6-3 which is great. Definitely will take it. However, this is not a team playing good football right now. We have lost 3 of 4. That's not a good trend.

We lost to a one win team and got humiliated by them. We lost to the Steelers who are a good team but that first half was pathetic. Almost came back so can't be too mad about that. Then because of an idiotic coaching decision we got embarrassed by the Colts and in the process made Hines look like Barry Sanders.

I still believe in the offense and feel it will get sorted. Defense I have zero faith in at this point. Should have hired an actual DC. Special teams please God Kern come back but why is Gostkowski still with this team? Oh right he is Vrabel's boy.

If people don't like the pessimism in this forum, try to at least respect people's opinions and try to understand where it comes from. It's for good reason. Good to great was supposed to happen. I love this team just because I don't accept their crap play of late doesn't make my opinion less valid. Like I said if you want to be optimistic by all means I can appreciate that.

We are lucky to be 6-3. We need to be better. There is no excuse not to be better. We can turn it around. These next two games are huge.

Hope this team finally shows up consistently rest of the season.

Edited by Titan89
  • Like 2

Listening to Cosell talk about our offense and it's something I've been saying along with some of you all. The passing offense isn't mature and it can't stand alone.

It really takes the run game to get explosive plays.  

if Smith stays, he really needs to mature the passing game. All our explosive plays depend so much on play action. 

• Like 1

that vi

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Good times 

Amazing LOL.

Funny thing is tho. Most of the reasons they said we couldn't beat them last year are the same as this year. Henry went go off and Ryan will have to throw. And how can we hold them under 30 with no pass rush.. If I remember I saw a lot of you talking about how we had a good run and we might put up a fight but lose.. HMMMM

Titans roll 

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Listening to Cosell talk about our offense and it's something I've been saying along with some of you all. The passing offense isn't mature and it can't stand alone.

It really takes the run game to get explosive plays.  

if Smith stays, he really needs to mature the passing game. All our explosive plays depend so much on play action. 

I've been saying it

Smith getting a HC job would not be the worst thing to happen to this offense. 

I'm a fan. I don't know the nuances of every X and O. But even I can tell that our passing schemes/plays are rudimentary 

41 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I've been saying it

Smith getting a HC job would not be the worst thing to happen to this offense. 

I'm a fan. I don't know the nuances of every X and O. But even I can tell that our passing schemes/plays are rudimentary 

It feels like we only have 4 routes in our playbook, even though I know we have more. Just feels like every 3rd down is a pas over the middle to Firsker, Davis or Brown.  Again I know this isn't true. It just feels like it. 

19 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think we can count on him this year. 

Just write him off until told otherwise. 

Even if comes back it's middle of season how much can we expect from him. 

We should just stop even thinking he on the team. Lol. 

thats crazy man.. come on now.. here we go with the pessimism in this forum..... why would you give up on him.. the guy is a great corner.. does it suck not having him? yes! but if he's healthy enough to come back during the stretch run, why not take him? how many people were constantly asking last year when malcom butler was  CLEARLY on IR? now we just gonna write adoree off? cool your jets man.. he'll be back this year and our defense will be better for it..

36 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

thats crazy man.. come on now.. here we go with the pessimism in this forum..... why would you give up on him.. the guy is a great corner.. does it suck not having him? yes! but if he's healthy enough to come back during the stretch run, why not take him? how many people were constantly asking last year when malcom butler was  CLEARLY on IR? now we just gonna write adoree off? cool your jets man.. he'll be back this year and our defense will be better for it..

By the time he’s back if he’s back at all, I fear it’s too late. 

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

Not so much pessimism, but reality. 
I just don't see him contributing much to us this year. If he does, it will be a pleasant surprise. 

Outside of what must have been a very significant injury, we are also talking about him being in game shape. 

Here's to him playing, but I'm not holding my breath. 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

By the time he’s back if he’s back at all, I fear it’s too late. 

i just cant agree with that.. hell, if we dont have him until the playoffs, im cool with that.. he's a corner.. ive never heard of them needing to be in "game shape". i think at that position, they can get in shape in practice.. those guys run for a living.. aint like he's a DT or OLineman. I digress. 

19 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

i just cant agree with that.. hell, if we dont have him until the playoffs, im cool with that.. he's a corner.. ive never heard of them needing to be in "game shape". i think at that position, they can get in shape in practice.. those guys run for a living.. aint like he's a DT or OLineman. I digress. 

Yeah, well, when we continue to lose because we don't have him, he wont have played a game all year because we wont be in the playoffs. Hopefully that changes, but as of the past three weeks, this isn't a playoff team.