GDT: Titans at Ravens

titans0021

47 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

yeah on november the 18th, which means absolutely NOTHING!

I mean, we’re trending downwards, playing our worst football of the year and would currently be out of the playoffs. 

The idea that those that are frustrated and concerned about the direction of the team don’t know football and that we’re in great shape seems really silly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

trust that the coaches you were all googly eyed over 10 months ago in the AFC championship game are still those same coaches and can get the ship right.

And the thing is, this just isn’t correct. I think everyone agrees that the defense is the team’s biggest weakness (I guess there’s a real strong argument for ST) and no, these aren’t the same coaches that held the Patriots and Ravens to 13 and 12 points. That’s kind of the concern.

36 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, we’re trending downwards, playing our worst football of the year and would currently be out of the playoffs. 

The idea that those that are frustrated and concerned about the direction of the team don’t know football and that we’re in great shape seems really silly.

lol, stop worrying about the season at the midway point. this time last year we were what, 4-5? 5-4? id rather be playing my worst football now, than at the end of the year or the play offs. we are in great shape! are we perfect? of course not. but reading comments in this thread and website makes you think the team is 3-6 not 6-3.. chillax.... how many of us were laughing at the "good to great" mantra this time last season, only to see the team actually morph from good to great and almost make the super bowl... let the season play out before we jump off the train.

43 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And the thing is, this just isn’t correct. I think everyone agrees that the defense is the team’s biggest weakness (I guess there’s a real strong argument for ST) and no, these aren’t the same coaches that held the Patriots and Ravens to 13 and 12 points. That’s kind of the concern.

we lost some coaches yes, but the guy in charge is still the same and most of the players are as well.. Jimmy and Joe's over X's and O's. Yall put too much stock into coaching anyway. players play and coaches coach. defenses have been lackluster across the league this year anway. if the defense doesnt improve, it aint the coaches.. the players all of a sudden didnt forget how to play defense. they are working with what they have. I just dont like that people or "fans" think they know better than guys that get paid MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to know and that have probably forgotten more about football than any of us would ever know. I mean give me a break. the patriots haven't had an official DC for how long, and outside of this year, have had a pretty strong defense with bill leading the way. Yet we continue to harp on us not having one and adoree fixing all our problems on defense. If yall believe that, yall gonna be sad when adoree comes back and the d line is still getting gashed or the LB's are still getting beat on choice routes out fo the back field.  i have faith that they know whats best.  the league has caught up with the titans offensive attack. now its our turn to adjust to the adjustment.. we will. and we'll be better for it! TITAN UP!

Edited by Airness McNairness

I admire your optimism. Wish I was there with you, but this team has only looked like a truly good football team once all year. Season isn’t over. There’s time to fix it. But we’ve given back all of the cushion we’ve built in the first five games and are facing real trouble if we can’t at least split these next two games.

I will never agree with downplaying the value of coaches. I don’t think there’s a single sport where a coaching staff is more important than it is in football. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I admire your optimism. Wish I was there with you, but this team has only looked like a truly good football team once all year. Season isn’t over. There’s time to fix it. But we’ve given back all of the cushion we’ve built in the first five games and are facing real trouble if we can’t at least split these next two games.

I will never agree with downplaying the value of coaches. I don’t think there’s a single sport where a coaching staff is more important than it is in football. 

we havent given back our cushion until we are 6-6, but i get what you're saying. I cant tell you how many times ive seen the media and fans write off a team at the half way point only for them to jump back on them in the playoffs. hell, after the bills started 4-0 and dropped two straight, people said they sucked. they won a few and guess what, now they are "superbowl contenders" again. teams go through lulls. we are going through ours... even if we go 9-7 again, im cool with that as long as we make the tournament, cause when the tournament begins, we all are 0-0 again.

Yea we’re 6-3 but if you’ve look at how we’ve won each game it’s concerning. Defense is bad and isn’t getting better, we can’t make FG, the personnel use has been questionable, and the offense has lapses. We’ve only won 1 game comfortably, defense had 1 good game against a bad Bears offense. So it’s reasons why a lot of us aren’t happy with our 6-3 record.  It would be different if things were trending up but they’re not, the team has just seemed off lately.

Only reason I'm not optimistic is because the problems we've had lately have been present all year. It's not a slump. It's not a rare situation, it's not a trend. It has been the truth since the start. 

Offense can tick back up. Special teams can be tighten up. 

But the defense is just horrible. 

it would be great if we were 6-3 and other teams were like 5-4, 4-5.  But it's so crowed at the 6-3 mark and other teams that have been more consistent than us,  compared with a more favorable schedule for some of those teams makes it tough sledding. 

I'm not going to write this team off, but I know this team has it's work cut out for them. 

44 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

No actual news on Adoree still. Actually insane. No news of him re-aggravating anything, so I don’t get what is going on. 

I don't think we can count on him this year. 

Just write him off until told otherwise. 

Even if comes back it's middle of season how much can we expect from him. 

We should just stop even thinking he on the team. Lol.