GDT: Titans at Ravens

titans0021

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

We’re not starting Wilson. Kelly has been a bad LT in the past, you’re not going to make your RT worse in order to shift Kelly to LT where he will also be worse. Almost certainly going to be Quessenberry.

Yeah they didn't seen Queessenberry out there for looks. 

Q is next man up at LT.  Wilson is likely next man up (by default) at RT. So He is still on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

If it helps DK metcalf had low agility #s aside from the 40 😩 but for real though he wasn’t a bad pass protector in college he just got away with playing without technique which is why they label him raw but scouts said had he stayed in school & fixed that he could be a top 15 pick coming out. 

If he improved his mid-round level pass protection he could have been a dominant OT based on the size and strength we know he has, but that's projection based on him improving, which no one really knows if that will happen or not. His lack of agility and lateral movement suggest it's going to be hard for him to become a dominant pass protector. He's not some really big guy who's super athletic with good feet that just needed to improve his technique.

DK Metcalf's first step on a pass play isn't likely going to be a lateral one. You can't compare them at all.

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I for one always hated drafting an OL high. Rather get a vet. But that's just me and partly because it's not exciting. lol

But I didn't like Lewan as a pick and I HATED the Wilson pick. 

Lewan is frequently injured  and coming off an ACL so i guess drafting an OT in the 1st is likely what we end up doing AGAIN.  For insurance and maybe starting the RT. But it shouldn't be. 

An OT that can reliably pass-protect on the outside is very hard to find, so if you think you have one I am all for drafting them high. I'm not for drafting interior OL in the first round.

I would rather not enter the draft and think "We MUST draft this position". I would rather continually draft the best player at a position of high value (QB/OT/WR/CB/Pass-rusher) and leave need as an afterthought to decide between those.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If he improved his mid-round level pass protection he could have been a dominant OT based on the size and strength we know he has, but that's projection based on him improving, which no one really knows if that will happen or not. His lack of agility and lateral movement suggest it's going to be hard for him to become a dominant pass protector. He's not some really big guy who's super athletic with good feet that just needed to improve his technique.

DK Metcalf's first step on a pass play isn't likely going to be a lateral one. You can't compare them at all.

I wasn’t really comparing them was just talking 😩 it was a joke to inspire hope 

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

An OT that can reliably pass-protect on the outside is very hard to find, so if you think you have one I am all for drafting them high. I'm not for drafting interior OL in the first round.

I would rather not enter the draft and think "We MUST draft this position". I would rather continually draft the best player at a position of high value (QB/OT/WR/CB/Pass-rusher) and leave need as an afterthought to decide between those.

Yeah. I get it. 
OT's that can protect are valuable. 
Just not fun for me. :) 

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

bad idea.. now you're weakening two positions.. we'll see how it goes, but its an option

Kelly isn’t good a RT so it doesn’t matter. Do you want a fat out of shape raw rookie playing LT when he never has? Quessenberry likely starts but it’s only a matter of time that he gets exposed much like Sambrailo did when he doesn’t get massive amounts of help.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Kelly isn’t good a RT so it doesn’t matter. Do you want a fat out of shape raw rookie playing LT when he never has? Quessenberry likely starts but it’s only a matter of time that he gets exposed much like Sambrailo did when he doesn’t get massive amounts of help.

The thing is, Sambrailo was and Quessenberry probably will be just as good, if not better, than Kelly was last year at LT. And that was when we had Conklin and could shift almost all help to the left side.

Wilson isn’t playing. It’s a lost season for him. Q will probably be exposed, because of course he would be, but with all of the injuries, the last thing you want to do is start shifting around the healthy players and mess with whatever chemistry the line has left.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

The thing is, Sambrailo was and Quessenberry probably will be just as good, if not better, than Kelly was last year at LT. And that was when we had Conklin and could shift almost all help to the left side.

Wilson isn’t playing. It’s a lost season for him. Q will probably be exposed, because of course he would be, but with all of the injuries, the last thing you want to do is start shifting around the healthy players and mess with whatever chemistry the line has left.

you also hope to get saffold back to shore up that left side a little bit. at that point i really don't think there would be a meaningful difference between quessenberry and kelly at LT and like you said, you'd be weakening the right side by moving kelly. no point in doing it. the absolute best we can hope for from wilson is that he takes kelly's job next year. 

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

dont agree with this... wilson has to play.. he has to be better than your 4th string LT.. if Q, is out there, the season might be over because Tanny's blind side is ruined. If yall thought tanny was sped up and playing lack luster because lewan was out, how bad do you think it will be with sambrailo out? if we sped up nate davis last year, and had an undrafted rookie, LG from texas state in there ready to play, no reason we can get wilson, a 1st round pick who played in the SEC for two years ready to go. we gotta flip kelly to LT, and get wilson in there.. we cant afford to get tanny hurt..

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

kelly isnt good? he's good bro.. he aint great, but hes a starting RT in the league.. wilson is in shape and ready to go... i agree it just a matter of time that Q either gets exposed or gets tanny hurt.. maybe both and i dont like being pessimistic... wilson has to play...

14 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

kelly isnt good? he's good bro.. he aint great, but hes a starting RT in the league.. wilson is in shape and ready to go... i agree it just a matter of time that Q either gets exposed or gets tanny hurt.. maybe both and i dont like being pessimistic... wilson has to play...

Your definition of good and mine must be completely different then.... He’s also someone who needs a ton of help. When Lewan went down, help had to go to the left side more and Kelly got exposed. He’s not terrible but he’s certainly not good. Just a below average player which is honestly and upgrade over Sambrailo and Quessenberry.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Your definition of good and mine must be completely different then.... He’s also someone who needs a ton of help. When Lewan went down, help had to go to the left side more and Kelly got exposed. He’s not terrible but he’s certainly not good. Just a below average player which is honestly and upgrade over Sambrailo and Quessenberry.

Below average is just not true at all. You're being way too harsh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

what? he doesnt get much help from what ive seen. what is this "kelly got exposed" nonsense.. dude hasnt had a bad game that ive seen since tj watt ate his lunch a month ago.. if he wasnt good, he wouldnt be starting nor got a new, lucrative contract... dude rarely gets his named called during games... thats a good thing for an o lineman