2021 Pro Bowl will be done via Madden 21

TXsteeler

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-pro-bowl-fan-voting-opens-today-game-to-go-virtual-in-madden-nfl-21

EA SPORTS and the NFL will create a week-long series of matchups featuring celebrities, NFL Legends, current players, and streamers playing as the official Pro Bowl rosters in Madden NFL 21. These matchups will culminate in an action-packed virtual Pro Bowl game played with 2021 Pro Bowl players facing off within Madden NFL 21.”

The inclusion of streamers and celebs kinda ruins this for me but otherwise I think the could be really fun, at least when they get to the end of the matches.

• Like 2

Wait... so the NFL actually thinks people are going to tune in to watch someone play video games?  Either I'm old, or that's dumb.  Or both.  I watched my kids play video games when they were young, and I know there's a segment of kids who watch videos of others playin.  But televised?

52 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Wait... so the NFL actually thinks people are going to tune in to watch someone play video games?  Either I'm old, or that's dumb.  Or both.  I watched my kids play video games when they were young, and I know there's a segment of kids who watch videos of others playin.  But televised?

You're old unfortunately. People will tune in. This might not have the following the 2K series has, or other video game streams, but there is a Madden following for video game streams. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You're old unfortunately. People will tune in. This might not have the following the 2K series has, or other video game streams, but there is a Madden following for video game streams. 

Madden Streams are so small as to be insignificant. As of this post, albeit at 7:30 AM central, it has 464 viewers. That's lower than games like EuroTruck Simulator 2, Farming Simulator 19, Cricket 2019, Majora's Mask, and Diablo 2. It's like 50 viewers higher than Call of Duty Mobile. Those numbers, even at it's peak, are not really high enough to justify time on the NFL network. The vast majority of people who will watch even a portion of this are people who have never watched a Madden stream before.

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

I won't watch this, but I would watch this over the actual game...

Pretty much this. I’ve actually been to the pro bowl game before and it was fun. Got to see the players, participate with the festivities, and get autographs. But that was probably the last time I was watch the game in any capacity in about 10 years. 

• Like 1