Why do our wr look better now

Vladimir L

Can Sims is getting open and Terry is doing that work and the RB’s are playing well in the system. He is executing the system!!! Imagine when we get a guy that pushes the ball throughout the game and has the legs that Alex used to have or imagine if we draft someone even more dynamic with their mobility. Wilson and Lance and the top two would fit perfect simply because their arms and legs. I’m still not sold on fields arm. Just a hunch but he uses his body to push the ball its not his arm. Excellent athlete though. 

• Like 1

I’m not really sure they are.

Terry was considered a stud, and is a stud.

Cam Sims was considered talented but raw by a lot of folks and looks like he’s developing and earning more playing time.

The rest are just sort of guys, they may have a few catches but nothing worth getting excited about IMO. Team is getting some favorable game scripts for passing, so someone has to catch the ball, but I don’t necessarily see a ton of upside. Who knows though, at least they’re getting the chance to get on the field and find out rather than trotting Dontrell Inman out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They do? Terry is great no matter who’s throwing the ball and that’s been proven. The only other receiver that has looked good is Cam Sims. Haskins isn’t playing again. He can’t hurt you anymore. 

Steven Sims seemed to be better when Haskins was playing. Haskins depended on him .

Cam Sims looks better in large part because he’s actually playing with Inman out. He basically didn’t get on the field for the first 6 weeks — I suspect that’s why it seems like he’s making more plays now. I was actually more encouraged by his work against DET than against NYG, which is a little odd because the numbers were clearly better against NYG. I just don’t think he will be a guy who is consistently making plays running past defenders. Felt flukish. But the 4th down play where he big-boyed the defender to get to the sticks and the exceptional catch over the middle to move the chains on 3rd and 10 on the last drive, those are plays he can continue to make. To me, I still see him as that sort of WR/TE hybrid, and I really want to see him making those kind of classic “possession receiver” plays.

Steven Sims looks worse than he did last year. I think there’s probably unanimous agreement on that one, so won’t delve too deeply into it. 

Isaiah Wright made some plays that looked like a real receiver for the first time against DET. I think that’s probably the benefit of experience and perhaps some good coaching work. He was struggling with the basics as a downfield receiver early on. 

Part of it, of course, is better and more consistent QB play. Part of it is also being way behind and working against a lot of soft coverages. I’ll be interested to see where we stand on this after a close game where the opposing defense is crowding the receivers all afternoon. 

• Like 1