Ranking the SB winners since 2002 realignment

Bolts223

1) 2004 Patriots: 17-2, elite defense, running game, Brady took a huge step forward, Branch had a postseason for the memories. 

2) 2013 Seahawks: Historic defense, Marshawn Lynch in his prime, young Russell Wilson.

3) 2014 Patriots: One of the more loaded Pats rosters. Completely dominant after the 2-2 start and the MNF embarrassment.

4) 2016 Patriots: Went 14-2 in spite of Brady missing the first 4 games. Clear class of the AFC all year. Beat a very good Falcons teams in the SB.

5) 2019 Chiefs: Went 12-4 despite multiple key injuries to begin the year. Were dominant after the 6-4 start and had some insane comebacks in the postseason.

6) 2009 Saints - Started 13-0 and then took it easy for the rest of the regular season. Destroyed a Cardinals team that went to the SB the year before, beat very good Vikings & Colts teams.

7) 2008 Steelers - Historic defense. Had some problems on offense but Ben was able to get it done when he needed to.

8 ) 2010 Packers - Similar to the Chiefs, had a ton of things go wrong and still prevailed. Never trailed by more than 7 all season, caught fire at the end of the season and won it all. 

9)  2017 Eagles - Elite O-line, Wentz had a career year. Front 7 was insane. Foles was able to step right into that insane offense and also do some damage in the playoffs.

10) 2002 Bucs - Historic defense. Dominant in the playoffs.

11) 2003 Patriots - 17-2, #1 defense. Meh offense.

12) 2005 Steelers - One of the most impressive postseason runs ever.

13) 2018 Patriots - Struggled in the regular season but looked like Vintage Pats in the Playoffs.

14) 2015 Broncos - Anemic offense, but good god was that defense terrifying.

15) 2006 Colts - The irony of this being the team to win the SB of all those Colts teams is I personally think that this was the worst Colts team from 03-09. (Well besides 08, maybe)

16) 2007 Giants - Obviously one of the most impressive playoff runs ever, but they were the long shot for a reason.

17) 2012 Ravens - A veteran team on its last legs prevailing. I would want to put them slightly higher if not for Flacco's career after this SB suggesting he was playing way above his head in this postseason.

18) 2011 Giants - A veteran team that caught fire when it mattered. Props to them. Still have no idea how this team won tbh.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2020 at 10:11 PM, Bolts223 said:

1) 2004 Patriots: 17-2, elite defense, running game, Brady took a huge step forward, Branch had a postseason for the memories. 

2) 2013 Seahawks: Historic defense, Marshawn Lynch in his prime, young Russell Wilson.

3) 2014 Patriots: One of the more loaded Pats rosters. Completely dominant after the 2-2 start and the MNF embarrassment.

4) 2016 Patriots: Went 14-2 in spite of Brady missing the first 4 games. Clear class of the AFC all year. Beat a very good Falcons teams in the SB.

5) 2019 Chiefs: Went 12-4 despite multiple key injuries to begin the year. Were dominant after the 6-4 start and had some insane comebacks in the postseason.

6) 2009 Saints - Started 13-0 and then took it easy for the rest of the regular season. Destroyed a Cardinals team that went to the SB the year before, beat very good Vikings & Colts teams.

7) 2008 Steelers - Historic defense. Had some problems on offense but Ben was able to get it done when he needed to.

8 ) 2010 Packers - Similar to the Chiefs, had a ton of things go wrong and still prevailed. Never trailed by more than 7 all season, caught fire at the end of the season and won it all. 

9)  2017 Eagles - Elite O-line, Wentz had a career year. Front 7 was insane. Foles was able to step right into that insane offense and also do some damage in the playoffs.

10) 2002 Bucs - Historic defense. Dominant in the playoffs.

11) 2003 Patriots - 17-2, #1 defense. Meh offense.

12) 2005 Steelers - One of the most impressive postseason runs ever.

13) 2018 Patriots - Struggled in the regular season but looked like Vintage Pats in the Playoffs.

14) 2015 Broncos - Anemic offense, but good god was that defense terrifying.

15) 2006 Colts - The irony of this being the team to win the SB of all those Colts teams is I personally think that this was the worst Colts team from 03-09. (Well besides 08, maybe)

16) 2007 Giants - Obviously one of the most impressive playoff runs ever, but they were the long shot for a reason.

17) 2012 Ravens - A veteran team on its last legs prevailing. I would want to put them slightly higher if not for Flacco's career after this SB suggesting he was playing way above his head in this postseason.

18) 2011 Giants - A veteran team that caught fire when it mattered. Props to them. Still have no idea how this team won tbh.

Not bad for a filthy Chargers fan. Even if I were to quibble with a few rankings, it’s overall such a good list that I can’t really nitpick. I agree with your top 8 in that exact order though.