2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Good news is that defensive coaches aren't as popular right now. But he's been incredible this year as our DC. Absolutely shuts teams down in the second half.

Xs and Os the dude is brilliant. I remember siting in one of his coaching clinic sessions back in early '15 and he was talking about coverages. It was amazing. Never seen the concept he was talking about at the time. I know my D2 program never ran coverage like that cause our defenses were garbage lol I still think its crazy that a dude from our small town is on a few years verge from being a potential NFL HC 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Xs and Os the dude is brilliant. I remember siting in one of his coaching clinic sessions back in early '15 and he was talking about coverages. It was amazing. Never seen the concept he was talking about at the time. I know my D2 program never ran coverage like that cause our defenses were garbage lol I still think its crazy that a dude from our small town is on a few years verge from being a potential NFL HC 

Honestly, it would be a gift to give him us another year with him. If you look at our defense on paper, besides Donald and Ramsey, it's not exactly brimming with household names.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Honestly, it would be a gift to give him us another year with him. If you look at our defense on paper, besides Donald and Ramsey, it's not exactly brimming with household names.

I think he has to be the DC for at least a few more years. I think it be crazy to give a guy with so little NFL experience and zero HC experience at any level, a NFL job so quickly. I think he has the make up to be a HC some day but not this fast. Its a shame, he was rumored to the Browns if McDaniels was hired here. I would have loved that. I dont know what the hell John Carroll puts in the water but they produce NFL talent. So many John Carroll guys are coaching or in the FO for NFL teams

• Like 1

Randy Fitchner needs to be at the top of every teams list.   He is clearly the best option.    

Steeler fans would be crushed, but we would get through it somehow.

Texans need to hire him.   They need someone who rivals BoBs brilliance.

Take him.   This is not a request...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think he has to be the DC for at least a few more years. I think it be crazy to give a guy with so little NFL experience and zero HC experience at any level, a NFL job so quickly. I think he has the make up to be a HC some day but not this fast. Its a shame, he was rumored to the Browns if McDaniels was hired here. I would have loved that. I dont know what the hell John Carroll puts in the water but they produce NFL talent. So many John Carroll guys are coaching or in the FO for NFL teams

I don't know that it really matters. But I'll be happy to have him back.

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know that it really matters. But I'll be happy to have him back.

I think it does. He is still very green in the NFL word. You don’t want to hire a inexperienced coordinator too quickly because they look good after one season. I know that cause I’m a browns fan lol

10 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Chiefs lose Bienemy and bring Nagy back and the earth takes another trip around the sun.

Or, Bienemy hires Nagy as his OC in Houston. Would be good for a new HC to have an experienced coordinator who can serve as a sounding board and is someone who is familiar with the system and can install the vision.

As a HC, Bienemy won't be able to sit in on all of the OC stuff - he's got a full plate, he's got to trust others to get the proper message out. Nagy was the OC when Bienemy was a RB coach, so there's no doubt the philosophy and vision is close to identical...

There are worse OC hires, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Or, Bienemy hires Nagy as his OC in Houston. Would be good for a new HC to have an experienced coordinator who can serve as a sounding board and is someone who is familiar with the system and can install the vision.

As a HC, Bienemy won't be able to sit in on all of the OC stuff - he's got a full plate, he's got to trust others to get the proper message out. Nagy was the OC when Bienemy was a RB coach, so there's no doubt the philosophy and vision is close to identical...

There are worse OC hires, that's for sure.

Going back to KC would be a much better path to being a HC again than going to Houston.