2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Going back to KC would be a much better path to being a HC again than going to Houston. 

I'm mostly basing my thoughts on this:

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Nah that job is promised too Mike Kafka 

These lines of succession shouldn't be broken - even if an older guy could come home.

I don't disagree that KC is a better path, but it's less about what's best for Nagy, more about the planning KCs already done in anticipation for Bienemy leaving.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

These lines of succession shouldn't be broken - even if an older guy could come home.

I don't disagree that KC is a better path, but it's less about what's best for Nagy, more about the planning KCs already done in anticipation for Bienemy leaving.

Even if he can’t get the OC job taking something like a position coaching job/offensive assistant would still help him get a HC job again in a few years if Kafka gets a HC job in a few years and Nagy becomes next in line. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

49 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Even if he can’t get the OC job taking something like a position coaching job/offensive assistant would still help him get a HC job again in a few years if Kafka gets a HC job in a few years and Nagy becomes next in line. 

Much like Reid, Kafka has his line of succession - why would he break that, especially with a guy who has the experience to jump over him if Kafka shows even a sign of regression?

20 hours ago, 43M said:

Randy Fitchner needs to be at the top of every teams list.   He is clearly the best option.    

Steeler fans would be crushed, but we would get through it somehow.

Texans need to hire him.   They need someone who rivals BoBs brilliance.

Take him.   This is not a request...

I'll have you know, I wasn't the only one reading right through your thinly-veiled sarcasm (at least on the "clearly the best candidate part), here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think Kafka has a say in that. It’s Reid’s offense. 

Does Reid really want to rock his well-ran ship like this?

Like any organization, disruption can take a lot of forms - including a guy jumping the totem pole after failing somewhere else.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

The Philly fans are probably in a better position to answer this, but I don't recall Andy having a strong track record of bringing back former assistants after they were hired away.  Childress is the only one I can think of, off the top of my head, and when Andy brought him back it was as a Special Projects/Spread coordinator.  And Spags - though I'm a little less bullish on the argument when it's on the opposite side of the ball than the HC specializes in.  If Dave Toub were also hired away, I could presumably see Andy bringing Nagy back as, say, an Assistant Head Coach, but I don't see him bringing Nagy back into the offensive system fold in KC.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'll have you know, I wasn't the only one reading right through your thinly-veiled sarcasm (at least on the "clearly the best candidate part), here.

LMAO...you fool.   You will regret ever doubting Fitchners greatness!

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

does nagy really deserve to get fired for having the bad fortune of taking a job tied to mitch trubisky?

If anything, it's on Ryan Pace. But Pace got them both fired the minute he traded up for the worst of the 3 QBs in that draft.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah Money Mike been predestined since Reid Drafted him. Since Day one Mahomes has been giving him nothing but praise, and Reid prevented him from interviewing for an OC position this offseason. 

Nagy could be brought back though, I’m sure Reid wouldn’t object. QB Coach/passing game coordinator, then when Kafka gets a HC position he’s back to OC then another round as a HC.