2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

10 hours ago, DannyB said:

I like this one better...

The stupid team itself tweeting that they are "reportedly" interviewing him hahaha! Wow what a rumor, what a scoop!

The website isn't allowed to say that they are interviewing guys currently under contract due to tampering rules (from what the website guys have told me).

43 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The website isn't allowed to say that they are interviewing guys currently under contract due to tampering rules (from what the website guys have told me).

I'm sorry but that just does not sound correct at all. Assuming that the team receives permission to interview a coordinator from the team which they are currently employed by, it makes zero sense that they couldn't state the fact that they are doing so.

To further emphasize why I don't think this is true: I don't think team websites would actually be allowed to do this to skirt tampering rules. As in, I don't think the team website could post an article that references a Glazer or Schefter report that says "According to this source, we are reportedly interested in signing Quarterback X to a mega contract when he becomes a free agent".

Edited by DannyB

7 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I'm sorry but that just does not sound correct at all. Assuming that the team receives permission to interview a coordinator from the team which they are currently employed by, it makes zero sense that they couldn't state the fact that they are doing so.

To further emphasize why I don't think this is true: I don't think team websites would actually be allowed to do this to skirt tampering rules. As in, I don't think the team website could post an article that references a Glazer or Schefter report that says "According to this source, we are reportedly interested in signing Quarterback X to a mega contract when he becomes a free agent".

What you think, and what the rules are, are completely different things. It doesn't matter if it doesn't sound correct to you. I have a working relationship with the guys who run the website for the Falcons and that's the explanation they gave to me years ago.

And it does skirt tampering rules. It's the same way in court, a prosecutor can say, THIS DUDE ALLEGEDLY MURDERED THAT PERSON, and get a way with it while still meaning, THIS DUDE MURDERED THAT PERSON. Sorry you don't like the facts here. But that is what it is.

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

What you think, and what the rules are, are completely different things. It doesn't matter if it doesn't sound correct to you. I have a working relationship with the guys who run the website for the Falcons and that's the explanation they gave to me years ago.

And it does skirt tampering rules. It's the same way in court, a prosecutor can say, THIS DUDE ALLEGEDLY MURDERED THAT PERSON, and get a way with it while still meaning, THIS DUDE MURDERED THAT PERSON. Sorry you don't like the facts here. But that is what it is.

Yeah I don't believe you.

They have permission from the team he's currently under contract with to do the interview, there is no tampering.

And I highly doubt team websites public articles that make reference to their "alleged" interest in players under contract from other teams. NFL rules and subsequent punishments aren't a court of law, as has been determined by, well, actual courts of law.

11 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Yeah I don't believe you.

They have permission from the team he's currently under contract with to do the interview, there is no tampering.

And I highly doubt team websites public articles that make reference to their "alleged" interest in players under contract from other teams. NFL rules and subsequent punishments aren't a court of law, as has been determined by, well, actual courts of law.

Considering tampering could lead to losing draft picks, they take it like it is court of law. Just because YOU don't like the truth doesn't mean it isn't the truth.

Only 5 openings? Maybe 6 depending on the Chargers. I thought there would be a lot more. 

I guess it could be due to the quality of candidates available. Looking at the front page again, the best HC candidate IMO is Saleh (probably biased). Maybe take a gamble with Staley or Brady on potential. Caldwell or Lewis can get you back to respectability, but they're probably going to be "Bridge HC's" 

My worry with Bienemy is how much of the Chiefs offense is him and how much is Reid, & my worry with Daboll is he's had several stints as an OC in the past where the offense struggled mightily. 

11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Only 5 openings? Maybe 6 depending on the Chargers. I thought there would be a lot more. 

I guess it could be due to the quality of candidates available. Looking at the front page again, the best HC candidate IMO is Saleh (probably biased). Maybe take a gamble with Staley or Brady on potential. Caldwell or Lewis can get you back to respectability, but they're probably going to be "Bridge HC's" 

My worry with Bienemy is how much of the Chiefs offense is him and how much is Reid, & my worry with Daboll is he's had several stints as an OC in the past where the offense struggled mightily. 

Daboll was really good in Miami. Probably too good as he cost Miami Andrew Luck. They were 0-7 and Chad Henne just went on IR. Daboll and Matt Moore rallied to a 6-3 finish.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1346115190086103041?s=19

Since this one won't load.

"The #Lions coaching search is off and running, as they have requested interviews with: #49ers DC Robert Saleh, #Saints AHC/TE coach Dan Campbell, #Titans OC Arthur Smith, and #Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy, sources say." - Ian Rapapport's twitter.

I am in no way plagarzing this tweet as my own. 

Edited by tannenballs

1 minute ago, tannenballs said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/first-and-10-will-dan-mullen-be-coaching-florida-in-2021-its-far-from-certain/

Looks like Dan Mullen might be entering the NFL.. I'd look to the Jets. Mullen came from the Urban Meyer tree, Fields would be a great fit in this Mullen system. 

Thoughts on this, @jrry32 ?