2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Considering tampering could lead to losing draft picks, they take it like it is court of law. Just because YOU don't like the truth doesn't mean it isn't the truth.

The system that the NFL uses to determine guilt and mete out punishment is waaaay different than a court of law.

Also, the Atlanta Falcons twitter account tweeted less than an hour ago that they DID finish their interview with Bieniemy. Not that they reportedly finished a reported interview. So yeah I'm pretty certain tampering isn't he reason for that initial silly headline.

If you're really bent out of shape that your team had a dumb sounding tweet that linked to a dumb sounding article, a more believable path that you could've taken was that they were kind of making a joke about it being "reportedly". That's a better explanation, but I still don't think that's it.

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Also, the Atlanta Falcons twitter account tweeted less than an hour ago that they DID finish their interview with Bieniemy. Not that they reportedly finished a reported interview. So yeah I'm pretty certain tampering isn't he reason for that initial silly headline.

If you're really bent out of shape that your team had a dumb sounding tweet that linked to a dumb sounding article, a more believable path that you could've taken was that they were kind of making a joke about it being "reportedly". That's a better explanation, but I still don't think that's it.

Like I said, if you don't get it, it's on you.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

In-season, sure.  But have you forgotten that John and Dean made retention of the existing coordinators a contingency for the last two head coaches they hired?  They interfere plenty, it's just not to the level that Jerruh used to do.

I don’t know if contingent is the right word.  Maybe recommend. I guess I never got the impression that the Spanos were dead set on deciding the team’s coaching staff. The only one that I knew was contingent was AJ Smith‘s decision on Ted Cottrell as DC when Norv was hired.

My predictions: 

Jaguars: Urban Meyer
Chargers: Brian Daboll
Lions: Robert Salah
Falcons: Eric Bienemy
Texans: Wink Martindale 
Jets: Arthur Smith 

Also think there's still potential for one more opening if the Bears are annihilated next weekend. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli