2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

imo the funniest possible outcome here is they hire bieniemy at Watson’s behest and then he sucks

completely viable im surprised no one has been able to answer the simple question of who does the scheming in KC, playcalling, the gameplan, etc etc

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

imo the funniest possible outcome here is they hire bieniemy at Watson’s behest and then he sucks

I wouldn't be too shocked at this as a potential outcome, to be blunt. I don't know how other aspects of the Texans would look like with a Bienemy coached team.

Watson and the passing offense wasn't the issue. In fact, it was the only reason the Texans didn't lose by 40+ a week.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't be too shocked at this as a potential outcome, to be blunt. I don't know how other aspects of the Texans would look like with a Bienemy coached team.

Watson and the passing offense wasn't the issue. In fact, it was the only reason the Texans didn't lose by 40+ a week.

You don't hire the coach just to "fix" one part of the team though. At least, I would hope that wouldn't be the case.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Not my favorite of the options but if that's who Urban wants, so be it.

Had he been the hire who then picked the HC, I'd be a lot more "Eh...let's not" on it.

Be wary of the ACL picks. Just assume that any talented player who tore his ACL this year will be drafted by the jags 😆

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

Be wary of the ACL picks. Just assume that any talented player who tore his ACL this year will be drafted by the jags 😆

Yeah, noticed that in my research when the initial talk of Baalke as a pairing was possible lol.

His drafts still seemed largely fine to me. Unfortunate Borland retired so quickly.

Either way, most of his issues seemed to stem from HC hirings (won't have to worry about that) and temperament/butting heads with people. Imagine if he does that with Urban in the fold, this will be the scene if it gets out of hand/becomes an issue:

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

His drafts still seemed largely fine to me. Unfortunate Borland retired so quickly.

He basically went 0 for 2012 and 2013, which will pretty much crush a franchise. 13 was especially brutal given the number of picks. 

The later drafts were probably saved by the new regime. Tartt, ward, even AA to an extent were on their way to bustville when shanny got there. People forget ward was playing corner. 

He got a lot of solid guys, and you can't blame him for Aldon, or Borland. It's really just 12/13 where he was horrifically bad. He drafted a lot of guys that have kicked around for a while, the only real middle and late round homer was Brown, but he's got to stop missing on day 2 lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He basically went 0 for 2012 and 2013, which will pretty much crush a franchise. 13 was especially brutal given the number of picks. 

The later drafts were probably saved by the new regime. Tartt, ward, even AA to an extent were on their way to bustville when shanny got there. People forget ward was playing corner. 

He got a lot of solid guys, and you can't blame him for Aldon, or Borland. It's really just 12/13 where he was horrifically bad. He drafted a lot of guys that have kicked around for a while, the only real middle and late round homer was Brown, but he's got to stop missing on day 2 lol

I mean, 2013 had Eric Reid and Vance McDonald who's ok.

But yeah, as I said, largely just "fine" imo. I expect Urban to have his fair share of input/say as well.