2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

There's no S on Mike McDaniel's name

oh fair enough always thought it was with an S for some reason i guess from hearing josh's all the time all over the place i just assumed it was the same lol.  But yeah Mike i have always respected and i had hoped we offered him the OC job when Shanny left if Lafleur wasn't getting the job at the time.   I think Sark done ok for what he was given but i had rather kept some continuation with a guy who knew and was helping run the scheme. 

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Odd to have questions about the Reid coaching tree when 3 of the final 4 AFC teams are being coached by either Reid himself or someone from his coaching tree this weekend lol

I don't like the reasoning, but I would guess it's based on the idea that most of the guys having success are defensive guys. The pederson thing is tricky because he did win the super bowl, but the bloom is coming off that rose and people are starting to look at others who may have had a role in that (Reich)

With offensive guys, you're hiring them on the basis of how good that offense has been over the years and I think people are leery now by saying, "yeah, you know what? That's just Reid". That being said, while I'm not at all a Nagy supporter as I don't think he's very good, he's got a winning record with a team lead by Troobs. Childress wasn't a dumpster fire and Pederson does, regardless of Reich's role, have a super bowl ring. 

The Andy Reid tree thing seems overstated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Odd to have questions about the Reid coaching tree when 3 of the final 4 AFC teams are being coached by either Reid himself or someone from his coaching tree this weekend lol

In fairness, neither of them are from the offensive side of the ball. The last 2 Reid OCs who were poached were Nagy and Pederson, one of whom is unemployed (albeit after a SB win) and the other who is not highly regarded. 

The concern isn't that Reid hires bad people, it's that he is the orchestrator of that offense and his OCs are just riding off of his success.

Edited by Jaguarfan
  • Like 2