2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Look at what Sark just did to OSU even though he was already hired at UT. Like anything, it can work and it can't. There are going to be different results...some of them will have nothing to do with anything (though the narrative will suggest otherwise). It's all situational with no locked in answer. Every option is on the table. One example wouldn't prove its right, one doesn't prove it's wrong. Its just about how people feel.

Some HC / GMs likely would go apoplectic if their OC got hired while they were still playing. Others may say, "hey, can you finish your job here? Cool, then I don't care". Some OCs could probably handle it, others can't. Its a full on mixed bag. I don't think that there's anything that is going to support one stance or the other

Oh sure that is a thing that is highly personal and for some coaches the chance to win the superbowl will be more than enough to put 100% into their current job while other might have more trouble with it. Really an interesting thing and question how many hires would have been different if the play-offs didn't have any influence.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I wonder who is pushing this? To me, Daboll to Chargers should be done in waiting already. 

Agree about Daboll. Though I wonder why only us and the Jets reached out to him.

Edited by Xenos

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jets twitter was less than enthused about this development. It was pretty funny. 

That being said, really hopeful that Saleh stays far away from that Philly job. 

It was a sad display both when he first arrived in the building and they acted like we HAD to hire him and then when he left and they acted like we blew it. Funny part is his name had cooled down around the fan base.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sign me up for King Arthur x2. Smith paired with Fontenot, Holmes, or Rick Smith sounds good to me.

I prefer Arthur Smith or even Nathaniel Hackett over Joe Brady. I honestly have no idea from an extremely limited fan's perspective, but Brady just seems like they're trying to force a hire based on a recent trend of trying to find the next McVay. The experience just isn't there. I'd obviously get behind it, but Smith and Hackett seem like better options to me. Again, what do I know? I trust the guys making the decisions, actually interviewing these candidates, and getting feedback from around the league, but that's just my ignorant take. 

2 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Sign me up for King Arthur x2. Smith paired with Fontenot, Holmes, or Rick Smith sounds good to me.

I prefer Arthur Smith or even Nathaniel Hackett over Joe Brady. I honestly have no idea from an extremely limited fan's perspective, but Brady just seems like they're trying to force a hire based on a recent trend of trying to find the next McVay. The experience just isn't there. I'd obviously get behind it, but Smith and Hackett seem like better options to me. Again, what do I know? I trust the guys making the decisions, actually interviewing these candidates, and getting feedback from around the league, but that's just my ignorant take. 

You're a falcons fan? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

You're a falcons fan? 

LOL i don't know why this made me laugh so much but swoosh has been on this board a long time even with a different name in the past and was one of the most active Falcon fans on this site for a long time.   Im not gonna let em do ya like that swoosh we know you and love ya XD

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lets gooooo getting my #2 HC/GM combo would be huge as he is #1 and #2 on my list of most wanted things.  So it seems Smith is also paired with Holmes as a combo according to some people on the official Falcons forums .  I didn't know that to begin with but im very happy about that if true.  I thought Arthur Smith would only be paired with Rick Smith which is why i put them as the #1 pair and didn't have  Smith + Holmes on the original list.   

• Like 1