2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

19 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I want the Bills to win the Super Bowl. But I also want this hire to be official. How do I have both?

Just be patient... if the process drags on and Bills keep winning and Chargers havent annouced anything then you know a deal has likely been agreed upon behind closed doors.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills win today, release a joint statement tomorrow with Daboll saying he's accepted the job but won't be leaving until the season is over. Bills and Daboll crush future division rival, KC, next week and then win the SB after that.

Is that tampering if we contact Daboll to get a joint statement? I really have no idea how these rules work anymore.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Daboll worries me as a HC. I know he’s done well with the bills but he’s been bad everywhere else. Could be one of those coach’s who are in the perfect situation for themselves and fail terribly on their own. 

Yeah, I get the same vibes.

Doug Pederson linked to the Seahawks as OC. Honestly, I think it'd be a good move for him. Sure, it's a pay cut, but you get to work with a really solid offensive group including top WRs, a great QB, good RBs with none of the BS and responsibility that comes with being a head coach. Build back up his reputation for a short while after it was tarnished this past season and he could have his pick of HC jobs a few years down the line. 

HC wise, So Jets hired Robert Saleh, Jaguars hired Urban Meyer & Falcons hired Arthur Smith

Chargers are linked to Brian Daboll & Lions are linked to Dan Campbell

Any more word on who the Texans & Eagles are interviewing? 

GM wise, Panthers hired Scott Fitterer, Texans hired Nick Caserio, Broncos hired George Paton, Lions hired Brad Holmes.

From what i've heard, Jags are linked to one of Trent Baalke or Ray Farmer & Falcons linked to Terry Fontenot

Any word on who the leader is for the WFT GM opening? 

14 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Doug Pederson linked to the Seahawks as OC. Honestly, I think it'd be a good move for him. Sure, it's a pay cut, but you get to work with a really solid offensive group including top WRs, a great QB, good RBs with none of the BS and responsibility that comes with being a head coach. Build back up his reputation for a short while after it was tarnished this past season and he could have his pick of HC jobs a few years down the line. 

It’s not really a pay cut. He’s still getting paid from Philly. But yes this would be good for him. Russ will make him look good and he will be in demand in a year or 2 from some desperate team that convinces themselves he’s good because he won a super bowl. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Daboll worries me as a HC. I know he’s done well with the bills but he’s been bad everywhere else. Could be one of those coach’s who are in the perfect situation for themselves and fail terribly on their own. 

I think it’s good that he’s had his ups and downs. The fact that it took him time to build up Allen and that offense is a good sign, as well as his times with Belichick, Saban, and McDermott.

At the end of the day, his success as a HC with the Chargers (if he does accept the position) is dependent on three things:

1) Does he have Lynn’s leadership and ability to connect to everyone on the team? Lynn not only kept the locker room together during the last two years, but he was beloved by both the players and the FO. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Spanos give a farewell to any fired HC like they had with Lynn. I feel like there was genuine regret at letting him go.

2) How aggressive will he be and will he use analytics more?

3) How is his in game adjustment and time management?

Edit: I guess the 4th thing would be staff especially on the defensive side.

Edited by Xenos