2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I don't really follow college football, but is there a reason Jim Harbaugh isn't thrown around as an NFL HC more often? How well do college coaches get paid vs the NFL? How has his tenure in Michigan gone so far?

Maybe you haven't heard him speak much over the last couple of years. I truly feel the man is losing it.

And then, just from an on the field standpoint, Michigan has steadily gotten worse every season, and their QBs have consistently been crap.

As Louis said, he also signed an extension, but at about half the salary. That combined with the timing of it suggests to me that no one in the NFL really wanted him.

Edited by Superduperman

On 11/18/2020 at 5:11 AM, tannenballs said:

1. Urban Meyer
2. Brian Daboll, BUF OC
3. Arthur Smith, TEN OC
4. Raheem Morris, ATL iHC
5. Matt Campbell, Iowa State HC
6. Joe Brady, CAR OC
7. Brandon Staley, LAR DC
8. Eric Bieniemy, KC OC 
9. Robert Saleh, SF DC
10. Matt Eberflus, IND DC

What a haul by Jacksonville to get Urban and are rumored to talk with Morris on Tuesday about the DC job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

McDaniels to Eagles via a source mine, that source being my gut because it is just like McDaniels to take advantage of a vulnerable franchise like the Eagles. 

Gase takes his place in New England. 

It feels like such a weird thing for him to pass on Indy, who had Luck at the time, to take on the Philly job with their broken QB and cap situation. Would seem like a McDaniels thing to do...knows Howie is going to be on the outs...bides his time...pounces when Howie gets canned 😂

47 minutes ago, tannenballs said:

What a haul by Jacksonville to get Urban and are rumored to talk with Morris on Tuesday about the DC job. 

Firing the old regime, hiring Urban Meyer, having 2 first round picks, getting Lawrence, AND a ton of cap space made them a VERY attractive franchise to many coaches and players.

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

It feels like such a weird thing for him to pass on Indy, who had Luck at the time, to take on the Philly job with their broken QB and cap situation. Would seem like a McDaniels thing to do...knows Howie is going to be on the outs...bides his time...pounces when Howie gets canned 😂

We on the same page here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

You’re not wrong, but staying in New England back then was a much more attractive proposition than it is now. 

Don't hate the Ulbrich look. Seemed like he did an okay job with Morris last year after Quinn was canned. You're sort of banking on catch a guy on his ascent, so there's some risk involved, but under a defensive minded HC, can probably keep it in line.