Official 2020 NBA Draft Day Thread (2nd round; spoilers aight)

beekay414

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sam Vecenie has LaMelo #1 overall. I'll trust his judgement over some of y'all hating on the kid just cause of his family.

lol that has nothing to do with it. I was the biggest Lonzo guy here. LaMelo just sucks as an overall player. All flash, no substance and can't defend to save his life.

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol that has nothing to do with it. I was the biggest Lonzo guy here. LaMelo just sucks as an overall player. All flash, no substance and can't defend to save his life.

Not gonna pass on a top prospect just cause of defensive questions. Most young guys coming into the draft suck on defense.

Obviously he needs a coaching staff to get through to him and change his mindset and put in more effort on that end which is far from a guarantee, but these top prospects all are far from perfect.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sam Vecenie has LaMelo #1 overall. I'll trust his judgement over some of y'all hating on the kid just cause of his family.

most draft ppl have him top 2

final rankings for me:

1. okoro
  2. Ant Edwards
  3. Killian Hayes
  4. Lamelo
  5. OO
  6. wiseman
  7. vassell
  8. kira
  9. cole anthony
  10. deni
  11. obi
  12. haliburton
  13. josh green
  14. maxey
  • Like 1

Not gonna pass on a top prospect just cause of defensive questions. Most young guys coming into the draft suck on defense.

Obviously he needs a coaching staff to get through to him and change his mindset and put in more effort on that end which is far from a guarantee, but these top prospects all are far from perfect.

If it was just defensive "questions," sure. It's not that simple. He just doesn't get it on that end and his shooting is absolutely trash. He's a flashy MCW without defense. If anything, his name benefitted him in the process, not hindered.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If it was just defensive "questions," sure. It's not that simple. He just doesn't get it on that end and his shooting is absolutely trash. He's a flashy MCW without defense. If anything, his name benefitted him in the process, not hindered.

That's cool, but his feel for the game is pretty crazy for someone his age.

That's cool, but his feel for the game is pretty crazy for someone his age.

Is that why he takes bad shots and terrible floaters from beyond the free throw line off screens? His feel for passing is good, for sure, but his feel for the game is vastly overrated. He has a **** ton of issues to work through and they're more prevalent then let on.

Edited by beekay414