Official 2020 NBA Draft Day Thread (2nd round; spoilers aight)

beekay414

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not really following the draft much, but is it just me but did Detroit do really well here?

I'd bet a decent amount that Killian Hayes winds up being the best player from the draft so that was great value at #7. Isaiah Stewart at #17 was a huge reach, I like him but that was a pretty meh pick for me.

13 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Watching some stuff about Kira Lewis Jr. and I really like what I see. He just needs to put on some weight and he should be able to contribute year 1.

Kira Lewis will be one of the best players from the class. Dennis Schroder type of guard/scorer. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kira Lewis will be one of the best players from the class. Dennis Schroder type of guard/scorer. 

He looks very fast and isn't bad from deep. Looks like De'Aaron Fox lite (not as explosive) with a solid jumper to me.

I hope you're right and he will be one of the best players from this class because I have no faith in Lonzo at the PG for us. 😂

Edited by JMG5

13 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

He looks very fast and isn't bad from deep. Looks like De'Aaron Fox lite (not as explosive) with a solid jumper to me.

I hope you're right and he will be one of the best players from this class because I have no faith in Lonzo at the PG for us. 😂

He's going to be good, he's somewhat of a tweener guard, but he's explosive. Fox/Schroder mixture is a nice comparison for him. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd bet a decent amount that Killian Hayes winds up being the best player from the draft so that was great value at #7. Isaiah Stewart at #17 was a huge reach, I like him but that was a pretty meh pick for me.

I don’t really get the Stewart pick he seems like a pretty limited player.  Not sure where he fits in the nba.  Not really athletic enough to be a small ball center, doesn’t provid rim protection.  Kind of feel like we just drafted Rick Mahorn .   Really could have been a great spot to swing for the fences on the Serbian kid or even Hampton.

Love the Bey pick great value there.  Killian is a solid pick, i was hoping for Okoro and would have taken Advidja given who was available there but I still like the pick and just plan on trusting Troy Weaver for now, see what he’s got.  

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. If they're planning to move Capela, then yes for sure. But he's a 5 at the NBA level. 

Don't need to do that now. He's only a rookie. Keep Capela for a year or 2 then unload him.

They need to trade Dedmon though. Boston would be interested I'm sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I don’t really get the Stewart pick he seems like a pretty limited player.  Not sure where he fits in the nba.  Not really athletic enough to be a small ball center, doesn’t provid rim protection.  Kind of feel like we just drafted Rick Mahorn .   Really could have been a great spot to swing for the fences on the Serbian kid or even Hampton.

Love the Bey pick great value there.  Killian is a solid pick, i was hoping for Okoro and would have taken Advidja given who was available there but I still like the pick and just plan on trusting Troy Weaver for now, see what he’s got.  

I'm not a huge fan of Stewart, I think if he reaches his ceiling he's probably a Derrick Favors type of big. But more likely just a solid undersized backup center. Robert Williams from the Celtics is another good comparison, I think he has enough length (7'4" WS | averaged over 2 bpg in college) and athleticism to be a pretty good rim protector. 

Saddiq Bey will be one of the best role players from the class and is the type of glue guy that every team needs. 

And I absolutely love the Hayes pick and I think there's a nice possibility that he winds up being the best player from this draft when it's all said and done.