Assessing Washington's Free Agent Signings

turtle28

I’m actually really hopin Hassan Ridick hits the market. I think this staff could get the most out of him. He has all the tools he and Matt and Wright we’d have alittle temple in house and I think that maybe helps him get comfortable. He’s from the PA area I feel like maybe being closer to home could Benefit him. I just don’t know if he fits into what they like to do I’d love to take a flier on him

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m actually really hopin Hassan Ridick hits the market. I think this staff could get the most out of him. He has all the tools he and Matt and Wright we’d have alittle temple in house and I think that maybe helps him get comfortable. He’s from the PA area I feel like maybe being closer to home could Benefit him. I just don’t know if he fits into what they like to do I’d love to take a flier on him

I’m not opposed to it, I think he could be an option at SLB. I wouldn’t give him some kind of long term contract as I don’t think he’s really proven what position he’s best at yet.

He’s playing 3-4 OLB this year in past years he played 3-4 ILB & one year at OLB the 4-3 and didn’t excell at either. My concern is he’s truly a 3-4 OLB and we no longer are in that scheme so it might be a mistake to sign him. Seems to me he’s a Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not opposed to it, I think he could be an option at SLB. I wouldn’t give him some kind of long term contract as I don’t think he’s really proven what position he’s best at yet.

He’s playing 3-4 OLB this year in past years he played 3-4 ILB & one year at OLB the 4-3 and didn’t excell at either. My concern is he’s truly a 3-4 OLB and we no longer are in that scheme so it might be a mistake to sign him. Seems to me he’s a Jack of all trades, master of none.

I kinda get that feel as well but I think he’s a prove it type deal player and I think a LB will look at our DL and say that’s a place to try and prove it especially with Rivera and Jack. But it’s more of a hunch I think he just needs a change of scenery I think his ability is very much being untapped currently

• Like 1