Chiefs to sign former 1st-round CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad

TheKillerNacho

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Seems like the Giants should get first opportunity to resign him or a high draft pick if the charges are dropped. Wouldn't have been cut if the charges weren't filed.

Giants appeared to have no interest. If they were waiting to see what happened then they shouldn’t have cut it him given he was on the exempt list. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Giants appeared to have no interest. If they were waiting to see what happened then they shouldn’t have cut it him given he was on the exempt list. 

Burned bridges I suspect. It was not a quiet parting. The Chiefs did much better with a similar situation involving Tyreek Hill, who was set up by his ex-girlfriend. The cautionary tale is Kareem Hunt, who didn't tell the team the straight truth.

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

He had his struggles for sure. But he’s a rookie corner and wasn’t always being used to his strengths. Way too early.

It will not be the deep end. The Chiefs have a nice bunch of no-name CBs in their secondary, governed by the Honey Badger. Mathieu will not take any ****.

J

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Andy Reid seems to be very good for these moron types. He will probably turn it around. 

Yeah, as soon as I saw it was KC I was typical @Bonanza23, and by that I mean I was 😠😡😤. Andy Reid will get him turned around. Ironically, I saw a lot of Marcus Peters in Deandre Baker coming out of the draft. I could see him reaching that potential if used/guided correctly. Something tells me they will protect him until they bring him up so no one will be able to get a shot at him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So all it took was COVID for the NFL to morph into the NBA?  It seems like every player ends up on top 8-10 teams only.  

It's better for your free agency to be on a good team. Especially as at the moment gms dont want to spend with the coming cap reduction.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's better for your free agency to be on a good team. Especially as at the moment gms dont want to spend with the coming cap reduction.

Still probably depends more to have a good opportunity than just being on a winning team. Being the 5th WR for Mahomes is great but you want to show what you can do too

On 11/19/2020 at 11:18 PM, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw it was KC I was typical @Bonanza23, and by that I mean I was 😠😡😤. Andy Reid will get him turned around. Ironically, I saw a lot of Marcus Peters in Deandre Baker coming out of the draft. I could see him reaching that potential if used/guided correctly. Something tells me they will protect him until they bring him up so no one will be able to get a shot at him.

😠😡😤

Edited by Bonanza23
🤬