The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

11 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

It’s a pretty expensive mistake. 230 million with issues is simply a stupid mistake for the franchise.

I am glad we are not in that position.  Having a QB who isnt happy with the team or vice versa but they are good enough to give big money to is a huge dilemma to be in and IMO a lose lose situation.  Either the coach will end up going soon or the QB will demand a trade out but that culture is not conducive to winning.  I would love a QB of that quality but would prefer one without the headaches. 

10 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am glad we are not in that position.  Having a QB who isnt happy with the team or vice versa but they are good enough to give big money to is a huge dilemma to be in and IMO a lose lose situation.  Either the coach will end up going soon or the QB will demand a trade out but that culture is not conducive to winning.  I would love a QB of that quality but would prefer one without the headaches. 

I agree. It’s to bad but Lincoln Riley developed QB’s seem to have an attitude. Mayfield, Murray, Rattler, Williams. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't want to start a thread for this but was looking at stats for this years team and some things are interesting. 

- First time in team history we have had 4,000 passing and 2,000 rushing yards in the same season.  Last year we had 3,884 passing yards and 1,886 rushing yards and have flew by that with one game to go.  

- Jamaal Williams needs 6 yards to hit 1,000 for the first 1k rushing season since 2013 (Bush) and only the 2nd of the last 18 years and the 5th time in the 2000's.  

- We currently have 37 sacks which is 7 more than last year.  Definitely an upgrade but hoping to keep building on that as our rookies develop.  We went from 3rd worse to middle of the league.  We are top 10 in pressure % on pass downs though. We also are second in the league with a hurry rate of 9.5%.  Also funny that our sack leader has only played 6 games but averages over 1 per game.  

- We do have the worst defense in the league but it has been much better the last half of the season.  We were on pace for historically bad and have pulled it together.  

- Despite having one of the lowest PFF scores from starters on the team, Anzalone leads our team in tackles.  Typically LBs lead this so its not shocking since he plays the most snaps at LB and is likely a big part of why we are so bad defensively overall.  Rodrigo seems to be fading as the season wears on but hopefully he works on conditioning next year and can get more productive reps late in the year.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, LionArkie said:

After Dan Campbell's infamous "kneecap" interview I think a lot of people pegged him as kind of a knucklehead.  I think a lot of folks are figuring out that Dan Campbell is becoming one of the smarter coaches in the league.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Anyone have strong feeling towards today's game?

I'm still a fan of Slay, so I'd like to see him get a ring. 

I don't dislike either team but I have a general dislike of Philly fan's oft earned reputation. Not enough to make me particularly care though.

• Like 1

Anybody still play Madden?   I had not bought it in a long time but saw it was on sale for $20 so bought it recently and quickly found out that they still have an anti Lions bias. They adjust players ratings throughout the year based on how they play in real life and the Lions are still horribly low for the most part.  Well low and high enough to know that nobody there watched the Lions. 

ARSB is an 85, and the 24th ranked WR.  Being 6th in receptions, 11th in yards, and 5th in 1st downs I think he should be higher.  Especially better than Michael Thomas, Tyler Lockett, Terry McLaurin, Amari Cooper, Deandre Hopkins, Mike Williams, DJ Moore, and others. 

Alim McNeill is a 72 and the 45th ranked DT (And a lot of DTs they have listed as DEs like Aaron Donald) which is the same rating as Brockers and only 1 better than Onwuzurike.  He isn't elite but he is much better than that and should be high 70s and in the 20th ranked DTs.  

Tracy Walker is the 27th best FS and Kerby was just below him at 76 and 75.  This seems a little low but not egregious.  Kerby finished about the same as Pitre and Hamilton who are the other two rookie S's comparable so not too mad there. 

Jeff Okudah is our highest rated CB at 78, which is high for him.  That is good enough for the 55th best CB in the league.  Mike Hughes was a 77 and AO a 76.  Jerry Jacobs is a 67 and the 175th best CB which is nuts.  

Rodriguez is a 74 and the 41st ranked ROLB.  Both seem low there but he did fall off a little down the stretch so not bad for a 6th round pick. 

Hutch is an 80 but he does develop pretty quick.  That being said he is the same rating as Thibodaux and only 1 higher than Walker.  Given they bumped Sauce to an 89 and the 10th best CB in the game IMO should have boosted Hutch to mid 80s at least. Houston also is only bumped up to a 71 which is annoying.  Both Okwaras, and Charles Harris are ranked above him.  Paschal is a 69 which also seems low given he was a second round pick and played solid when he was in.  

I know Madden ratings are dumb but its fun to play but also sucks when guys like Jacobs, McNeill, and Paschal are so bad that you can't even build with them really when they are solid starters in real life.  

• Like 1

Yep, I can't try a "Lions rebuild" in Madden without going through and manually adjusting a bunch of ratings. They make it so certain players will never, ever be relevant.

The only thing I enjoy in Madden is "slow simming" a rebuild. I find far more enjoyment in trying to build a team and watching them play than I do actually playing the game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yep, I can't try a "Lions rebuild" in Madden without going through and manually adjusting a bunch of ratings. They make it so certain players will never, ever be relevant.

The only thing I enjoy in Madden is "slow simming" a rebuild. I find far more enjoyment in trying to build a team and watching them play than I do actually playing the game.

Same here.  I play the games every now and then, typically in the playoffs or if there is a challenge to boost a players XP or star status but the drafting and building a team is the most fun for me by far.  And I hate seeing guys like Brockers being more valuable than McNeill because he was good 3 years ago. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Same here.  I play the games every now and then, typically in the playoffs or if there is a challenge to boost a players XP or star status but the drafting and building a team is the most fun for me by far.  And I hate seeing guys like Brockers being more valuable than McNeill because he was good 3 years ago. 

Exactly.

Have you seen the "slow sim" display? You go into a game, go to "super sim", but change the speed to slow. I love it for a few reasons: 1) bad players will be bad, and there's nothing I can do to stop it, and 2) I can chalk up dumb Madden glitches or gameplay flaws to the players/coaches just being idiots. No more "but I pushed the button, why didn't he throw it!" nonsense. I'll put something up on the computer while the game plays in the background, almost as if it's an NFL game being broadcast.