The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

20 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Exactly.

Have you seen the "slow sim" display? You go into a game, go to "super sim", but change the speed to slow. I love it for a few reasons: 1) bad players will be bad, and there's nothing I can do to stop it, and 2) I can chalk up dumb Madden glitches or gameplay flaws to the players/coaches just being idiots. No more "but I pushed the button, why didn't he throw it!" nonsense. I'll put something up on the computer while the game plays in the background, almost as if it's an NFL game being broadcast.

I have not used slow sim.  What is the benefit of it?  Do you actually watch the game then or does it sim just showing you the play results?  

56 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I have not used slow sim.  What is the benefit of it?  Do you actually watch the game then or does it sim just showing you the play results?  

Yep, you actually watch the computer play each other using a broadcast-like camera view.

Being as the computer is in full control, it makes certain attributes and traits (like BCV, AWR, and pressure/force passing traits for QBs) far more important.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 1:07 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yep, I can't try a "Lions rebuild" in Madden without going through and manually adjusting a bunch of ratings. They make it so certain players will never, ever be relevant.

The only thing I enjoy in Madden is "slow simming" a rebuild. I find far more enjoyment in trying to build a team and watching them play than I do actually playing the game.

On 2/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Same here.  I play the games every now and then, typically in the playoffs or if there is a challenge to boost a players XP or star status but the drafting and building a team is the most fun for me by far.  And I hate seeing guys like Brockers being more valuable than McNeill because he was good 3 years ago. 

I'm on the same page as you guys - I just like the team building. 

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Philly hired Patricia as a senior defensive assistant. I bet Slay regrets resigning with them.

He's a professional and now there's a lot of time in between all of that. Slay also was proven right. I imagine that an apology has been made and they're willing to move on. 

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He's a professional and now there's a lot of time in between all of that. Slay also was proven right. I imagine that an apology has been made and they're willing to move on. 

Patricia doesn't seem like the apology type.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

When you've gone from HC to "Senior Defensive Assistant" in 3 years, you're going to start to have some humility. 

I think you're right concerning most people, but Patricia displayed an impressive amount of arrogance while he was here. He's not most people.

7 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I think you're right concerning most people, but Patricia displayed an impressive amount of arrogance while he was here. He's not most people.

He wasn't a good HC and tried to strong-arm things, expecting it would work in Detroit like BB has been able to make it work in NE. He's not a complete monster and he's been bouncing around ever since he was fired. 

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He wasn't a good HC and tried to strong-arm things, expecting it would work in Detroit like BB has been able to make it work in NE. He's not a complete monster and he's been bouncing around ever since he was fired. 

On the spectrum of professionals in a place of work he is a complete monster. I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe he has drastically changed his personality in the last two years.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

He was complaining about him inntwitter when it was rumored Patricia was heading to Philly just weeks ago. I don’t think Slay is suddenly over it. 😂

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

He was complaining about him inntwitter when it was rumored Patricia was heading to Philly just weeks ago. I don’t think Slay is suddenly over it. 😂

That was weeks ago. Then he signed his new deal. I'm sure they've both moved on.